New Cobra Front Bumper

GodStang

Established Member
A lot of yall know that I busted my bumper putting it on a trailer. Well got my new one in today. Ordered it from Pershing Auto Body Parts for $394 Shipped and painted.

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5006.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

The only problem is that it has this bubble it tiny but still bothers me. Not sure if its worth sending back.

IMG_4999.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
If that is not a true "bubble", you can cut it with a razor, then wetsand/buff the spot until it's level. Obviously if it really is a bubble, then that won't work. Can you feel air in it, like does it compress when pressed? I had heard that they weren't offering the painted bumpers anymore, but guess they decided to do them again. That is a great price, and it looks like a great color match!

king nothing

Established Member
Ive been considering one of their bumpers for my cobra. They are semi-local to me (within an hour or so) so I could pick it up and inspect it. let us know how well it matches

Hodgepodge

Established Member
Don't send it back. I was the same way with my old car. Every little detail that wasn't perfect bothered me. It takes all the fun out of owning a car. There's no point in keeping it nice for the next guy

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
Im saying send it back because you PAID for it. Its not about keeping it clean for the next guy for me...You paid, so you should get what you pay for. Right?

vipergts281

Established Member
How long did it take to get to you?

I ordered a silver one on the 12th. I was told it will take between 5-20 days to get mailed out. Haha, pretty big window.

Hoping to get it by Wednesday since I'm going away early Friday. But I think that is a long shot.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Tell them you have this one SOLD for $250 and you want them to send you another one.......They save on shipping it back to them selves and having to repaint it and I get a Pretty decent nose piece...:banana:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Yea I'm really anal but I dont know if I'd send it back for that. Hell when I first bought my car I had the holes in the bumper filled and the whole bumper resprayed and already have 5-6 good rock chips within 5k miles of driving.

It pisses you off more when you go through all the trouble to make it perfect and yet its still gunna get ****ed up.

GodStang

Established Member
Its not the small bubble that bothers me its what can happen to a small bubble with in months. I do not want it to chip off and then rest of the paint come off and within a year I am repainting it.

Users who are viewing this thread