How to look or adjust fan temps with a predator handheld

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
there was a discussion in another thread (210 temp) and someone asked can you look at or adjust the temp settings with a predator tuner...

here's how:beer:

for this writeup when i say I'm using the "ok" button it is actually the circle in the middle of the 4 arrows

1. plug in handheld to OBD port
(i have a custom tune on my predator and am using that for reference)

2. select performance tune

3. select agree (diablo not responsible blah blah blah)

4. prompt says turn ignition on (follow it) but DON'T START engine

5. next screen asks diablo tunes or custom... since I have a custom tune i scrolled
down to SELECT CUSTOM TUNE

6. the name of the tune appears , hit "ok" button

7. select choose

8. scroll down and select modify tune

9. select agree (another diablo not responsible)

10. select modify parameters

11. scroll down to *cooling fan and hit "ok"
you will see

high speed fan ect1 on
high speed fan ect2 on
high speed fan ect off
low speed fan ect off
low speed fan ect on

you can select each one separately and when you do you will see a screen that has a slider and three numbers left is lowest # middle number is where you currently have the parameter set and can use the left and right arrows to move it to where you want and the right number is the highest #

looks like this
180-------------------204-------------------220
............................... /\
this is what your set at (204 as an example) and you can adjust with the left and right arrows

my settings are high spd fan ect1 on 204
high spd fan ect2 on 208
high spd fan ect off 204
low spd fan ect off 190
low spd fan ect on 190

you can go into each one and just LOOK and then press escape to get back and not make any changes... if you just look, and not change anything when you escape out all the way back out to the main menu it will still ask "INSTALL TUNE" select NO since you just looked :)

if you do make adjustments, same thing when you escape back to main menu it will ask "INSTALL TUNE" you would select yes

looks like a lot but it is really easy,

froggerlives07

Established Member
Awesome Im going to need this when I install the reish 170 stat. Quick question. Those fan temps that you have are they for the stock thermostat or the reisc 170 stat?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Awesome Im going to need this when I install the reish 170 stat. Quick question. Those fan temps that you have are they for the stock thermostat or the reisc 170 stat?

I also installed the Reiche stat, and I'm running a preliminary tune from Amazon for my current setup (haven't datalogged it yet), but it runs fine with the existing parameters so far. Once I datalog, ansend it in for revision, I will ask Rick to change the temps to the recommended settings. Do you happen to have those settings handy? I seem to have misplaced the instruction sheet that came with the stat.:bash:

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
need to thank malcolm for this..

for the 170 thermostat

DiabloSport Predator
Fan ECT1 High On: 190
Fan ECT2 High On: 190
Fan High Off: 186
Fan Low Off: 182 (Shuts off @180)
Fan Low On: 184

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Very sweet! I may check, but my tuner may have adjusted mine. I think the highest I've seen my temps get was 195 with stock stat. Normal is in the 180's.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

for the 170 thermostat

DiabloSport Predator
Those are about right with Joel's 170, you can go a few degress lower on the High Speed especially in the deep south!

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Just used this after putting in my Reische T-stat and Whipple. Thanks for the write-up on adjusting the fan settings on the Predator Murse! :beer:

Brutal Metal

Established Member

for the 170 thermostat

DiabloSport Predator

Those are too low, if you have the low speed set under 185 it'll run pretty much all the time!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
DiabloSport Predator

Those are the settings that I've posted for use with the Predator programmer. This translates into the low fan turning on 184 and shutting off at 180. If you're using the SCT programmer then you want to set the low speed around 186-188. The reason being the SCT unit automatically sets the off temp 6-8 degrees lower. With my thermostat you definitely want the fan off by 178-180 or it will run most of the time in the hot weather.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Just used this after putting in my Reische T-stat and Whipple. Thanks for the write-up on adjusting the fan settings on the Predator Murse! :beer:

your welcome:beer:

Those are the settings that I've posted for use with the Predator programmer. This translates into the low fan turning on 184 and shutting off at 180. If you're using the SCT programmer then you want to set the low speed around 186-188. The reason being the SCT unit automatically sets the off temp 6-8 degrees lower. With my thermostat you definitely want the fan off by 178-180 or it will run most of the time in the hot weather.

Thanks for the info:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread