WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Anyone runnin it ? Results?
I just watched a vid on streetfire and they installed it on a magnacharged
2010 camaro.Picked up almost 88rwhp

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
Well it doesn't "add" hp, it allows more timing and boost to be used, which results in power. But if you add the snow meth kit by itself without tuning for it, you won't gain power, but it should help a bit with heat soak. That's about it though. Put it on and tune for it, probably pick up some power. Change pulleys and you'll see even more. But it's not as simple as bolt on and add 100rwhp. Gotta change other things to take advantage of it.

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
add it after the blower, thats were u will see the most gains from it

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
add it after the blower, thats were u will see the most gains from it

THIS!

Unless it's plumbed into the bottom of the lower intake, it'd going to be a big waste.

Done right, AFTER the intercooler it works just as well as it does on all those N/A cars.

But just like race gas by itself, it won't equal more power until you tune it to the higher detonation threshold.
It would probably be advisable to have a meth and no meth tune on your hand held, that way you aren't up on the edge of detonation if you run out of it.

evolve

Established Member
Had it on my old evo. Made about 60awhp. I increased my boost from 22lbs to 28lbs. It was awesome. It has to be done right tho. I could see it being a HUGE asset on a bigger blower car, like a whipple 3.4 or 2.8 kb. More boost on one of these would mean serious power!

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Well it doesn't "add" hp, it allows more timing and boost to be used, which results in power. But if you add the snow meth kit by itself without tuning for it, you won't gain power, but it should help a bit with heat soak. That's about it though. Put it on and tune for it, probably pick up some power. Change pulleys and you'll see even more. But it's not as simple as bolt on and add 100rwhp. Gotta change other things to take advantage of it.

I know its not just plug it in and POOF!! 88HP......Im not a re%#@d
Okay I will be more specific
Has anyone installed a snow kit and done a retune without changing pulleys,
if so,how much more power did you make?How much did your IAT2s drop?
How much timing were you able to get?

Last edited:

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
You guys must deal with alot of :smmon::smmon::smmon:s around here just to assume a guy would just throw a H20/meth kit on and expect 88HP with the flip of a switch

Last edited:

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
The stage 3 kit from snow hooks itself in with the ecu and monitors boost pressure,fuel injector duty cycle,injection percent and has a adj digital delivery depending on those parameters and I do beleive it has safety features if you let the tank run dry,along the lines of pull timing and what not

Last edited:

Fast GTO

Established Member
I run an AEM meth kit and it is well worth the money. Don't listen to those who have not used one.

Lowers the heat and allows for more timing.

How many people with a 2.2KB do you know that are at 630rwhp on pump gas? You won't pick up 88rwhp but 20rwhp and lower IAT's is reasonable.

Last edited:

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
I run an AEM meth kit and it is well worth the money. Don't listen to those who have not used one.

How many people with a 2.2KB do you know that are at 630rwhp on pump gas? You won't pick up 88rwhp but 20rwhp and lower IAT's is reasonable.

Where do you have your injector mounted.

Fast GTO

Established Member
I have dual nozzles mounted in the intake tube prior to the TB. If you wanted to get fancy you could do it under the blower. There is a shop that has done that with GT500's but it is probably too much work for unknown gains.

Also, regardless of what people say, it won't ruin the KB rotors or Whipple.

The tune is absolutely key when running meth/water. It is not N2O and the gains are from lower IAT's, ability to add more timing, and higher octane. Find a good tuner who has worked with methanol before. A good tuner will set it up to pull timing should something happen, which is very unlikely. You won't run out of this stuff, it is super cheap and does not suck down the meth/water like an N2O car does. You will only use the meth/water once you reach a certain boost setting and in most cases it is only set to go on in the upper RPM's because you don't need it low down. It is a relatively cheap modifications that gives you flexibility to up the power on pump gas and also is a nice safety addition if you OT your car.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member

I had 649rwhp/570rwhp on 17psi and a 2.2L 93 octane only with no meth so ya that is not a good excuse.

GodStang

Established Member

I had 649rwhp/570rwhp on 17psi and a 2.2L 93 octane only with no meth so ya there are a few.

It is a known fact that you get better gains mounting it to the bottom of a lower intake but that is not to say you won't at time get gains from mounting it to the intake.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
IMHO The best meth install scenario would be during a blower change or port.
While the blower is off install your jets in the bottom of the lower intake and install your kit at that time. You are then ready to suppress detonation more effectively as you introduce higher boost levels and NOW also more timing.

It makes enough difference in the effectiveness of the meth kit that it IS worth all that extra work. Every thread I have read where the veteran meth guys are posting, they all insisted that although it works pre-throttle body it is a large amount better after the intercooler.

I would think that guys in 91 octane states would be all over this.

Fast GTO

Established Member
I had 649rwhp/570rwhp on 17psi and a 2.2L 93 octane only with no meth so ya that is not a good excuse.

Not sure where the excuse is? I also didn't say I was the only one with 630 on pump gas with a 2.2..I said I am one of the few and I am fairly confident that is a true statement.

Also what were your supporting mods? Regardless, I'm not going to challenge your stated power gains, especially not knowing all of your modifications/dyno/tuner/etc...

Bottom line is that meth/water injection works and the best way to see the gains is to have it tuned and setup properly.

Lower intake setup makes complete and reasonable sense to function better than pre-blower. There are just not many people who do it.

I can guarantee you will be happy if you decide to go with a snow or AEM kit.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Established Member
I have the Snow progressive system in my 87GN. It has made a huge difference in my car. My car dynoed 400 hp and 450lb ft at the tire @ 20 psi with a te61 turbo and 21* of timing. With the alky I can ramp up that turbo to about 26psi with no problem on 93 oct gas. Thats with a stock longblock, intake etc 231 cu. in. v6 mind you (and the car was dynoed in the middle of summer on a 95deg day).

The system doesnt use jets a n2o system, it uses a single or dual nozzles which are usually plumbed in before the tb (kind of looks like the nozzle on a spray bottle). I dont know how evenly the system will be able to distribute the alky with the nozzle mounted under the blower. IMHO that could lead to a seriously hot cylinder in the corner

Fast GTO

Established Member
IMHO The best meth install scenario would be during a blower change or port.
While the blower is off install your jets in the bottom of the lower intake and install your kit at that time. You are then ready to suppress detonation more effectively as you introduce higher boost levels and NOW also more timing.

It makes enough difference in the effectiveness of the meth kit that it IS worth all that extra work. Every thread I have read where the veteran meth guys are posting, they all insisted that although it works pre-throttle body it is a large amount better after the intercooler.

I would think that guys in 91 octane states would be all over this.

Nothing here I don't agree with.

And you get higher boost levels for a number of reasons. In most cases you get a higher boost value without swapping pullies simply because the water/meth is now in the air and is thus denser. Ultimately, however, you can run higher boost levels due to the added benefits of the increase in octane and help with preventing detonation.

Fast GTO

Established Member
I dont know how evenly the system will be able to distribute the alky with the nozzle mounted under the blower. IMHO that could lead to a seriously hot cylinder in the corner

Also a good point which is why I stated that it isn't as proven of a method as going pre-TB. Not that it won't be a better setup just that you better go to someone who knows what they are doing.

There are similar issues with N2O. With a small shot a intake injection system or TB injection plate are fine. The higher you go the more evenly you want that juice spread out which is why people go DP.

Users who are viewing this thread