SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
What would i need to make it work,i was
thinking off leaving the solid rear end but would the
driveshaft fit right.Also putting the clusher of the cobra
what you guys think.

04spinbra

Established Member
So the only thing you would leave is the rearend? the driveshaft forward is 03 cobra?? If I remember you would have to keep the GT driveshaft! Im not sure about that but I think that is what I read!

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
what you guys think.

Let me repeat,i have a 03 cobra that was in a accident, i bought a 03 mustang GT i want to put everything on the 03 cobra to the GT!!! Wat do i need to take off the cobra so it can work right???????

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Tranny, engine, and the Drive shaft flange would have to transfer to the SRA. Other than that the driveshaft will fit fine, it just wont go as deep into the T56 as it did with the IRS.

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
Tranny, engine, and the Drive shaft flange would have to transfer to the SRA. Other than that the driveshaft will fit fine, it just wont go as deep into the T56 as it did with the IRS.

wat about installing the computer hardness??? Would it be the same as 03Gt hardness?????i will also like to put the intercooler !!!!

powershifter

Established Member
The gt engine harness will work, yoiu have to modify it though, you have to extend and reverse the polarity on the wires that go to the cops, the alternator connector is different as well. I'm doing this swap myself

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
what you guys think.

ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE.
You need a little touching up on the communication skills, if you want to be able to ask for and receive the information you want.
Seriously.

ESL - English as a Second Language

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
you will have to use the cobra ecu and ecu harness...All other wiring should work.. You will also have to swap fuel tanks.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
You will need the Engine, Transmission, ECU, The ECU Harness, The Gauge Cluster, basically everything Cobra..

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
Cool i pretty much have everything! My other question is i want my intercooler pump to work!! Wat hardness do i have to take off so my intercooler works????

dvtr-

Established Member
SpaceGhostCoffee.jpg

FORD4U

Established Member
for the drivetrain i would just unbolt the k member and slide it under the gt, swap in the engine trans front brakes k member and all in one swap. sounds easier then it is

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE.
You need a little touching up on the communication skills, if you want to be able to ask for and receive the information you want.
Seriously.

ESL - English as a Second Language
You need to change your title to "Grammar Nazi" :lol:
for the drivetrain i would just unbolt the k member and slide it under the gt, swap in the engine trans front brakes k member and all in one swap. sounds easier then it is

That's if the K member isn't damaged. But, we don't know that cause our dear friend the Op is lacking a lot of detail.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Coming from someone who did this swap. Swap EVERYTHING out. If you do not you will have problems. I repeat, if you do not, you will have problems. The Fuel Tank Harness is significantly different between the cars. There is no intercooler wire ran to the fuse box on the GT's, so you'd have to run one, the ground/positive are switched on the fuel tank harnesses, so you're going to be running that far back anyway. OH, and be prepared to spend 12+ hours on the harnesses behind the dash anyway, and when taking out bolts/screws, LABEL LABEL LABEL. It's not a fun swap, but well worth it, and make sure you take EVERYTHING you possibly can from that Cobra when it comes to wiring, I can't stress that enough. You'll also need to run a vac line through the firewall for the boost gauge on the gauge cluster, as it's purely mechanical. & you'll need to get the ECU parameters reset via a Ford Tech, or PATS will just keep the fuel pumps from ever turning on. If you have any questions about this swap, myself of CodeRedSaleen have both done it, just PM me and i'll be glad to hook you up with answers and direct you to a thread a while back that helped me significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread