p1405 DPFE??

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
So I was cruising home from the Golf course today when my SES light comes on. As I am headed to the local Auto Zone for a code scan; I encounter a 06 Z06.. First thought is that I shouldn't play with him until I know for sure what is wrong with my car. Well, my ego gets to me and I do it anyways. A fun session, no real runs to speak of, just playing. Then I notice a slight exhaust leak.

When I finally make it to Auto Zone, I am showing the p1405 code. I come here, search, and see problems with the tube blowing off.

I am going to get under the car tomorrow and attempt to reattach it if that is the problem.

Will my car just blow it off again? Is this a clogged cats problem?

Everything that I found (wasn't much), suggests the cats are clogged. I am still running stock H with flowmaster mufflers with a Stage 5 port and 4# lower.

Really wasn't planning on spending 500 on a new X just yet.. but I don't want to cause more issues right now either..

TIA

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
DPFE= Differential Pressure Feedback Exhaust
Copied and pasted
The DPFE sensor is a very common failure on all Ford products. It more than likely needs to be replaced. The purpose of this sensor, is to "sense" the amount of EGR flow through the intake.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Before you do anything get under the car cold, and hit the cats with the side of your fist. Listen to see if they rattle, if they do they are toast.
If the don't they still might be plugged or worse yet melted.
I would try a fairly long highway trip and see if you can't clear out the cats.
About 45 minutes at 65-70.

If that doesn't work try a DPFE, if that doesn't work start pricing cats.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
thanks jimmy, I will check it out tomorrow morning. I did notice that both lines were off the DPFE and one line was off the CAI close to the Throttle body. I can't find one of the lines to the dpfe and I still have a slight exhaust leak sound on the driverside.

Users who are viewing this thread