need help deciding guys

351inside

Established Member
i own a 2011 Gt and i know most of you guys own 03-04 cobras but some some are lucky enough to own both or maybe made the switch. Being that my first mustang ever was a 98 BAB cobra i really want to be back in the seat of a cobra. I have a 98 gt now with basically bheaded cobra convertion but for some reason it just doesnt make up for what i used to have with my 98 BaB.

Lately ive been getting the 03-04 cobra itch real bad and was thinking about selling the 2011 to get one. I even put the car up for sale because i got hurt and was out of work, but i have enough money saved up to make the payments and im not going to be out of work as long as thought. If i do sell it i have my 98 to drive around while i find the right terminator. But im really having a hard time making my decision. I just Love the way 03-04's look, the 2011 is ok to but looks nowhere as mean as the terminator does, at least to me. Any advice from the guys having owned both of them? I have to make my decision by this week as i have a buyer for the 2011 but now its starting to sink in and im not sure what to do now

Ironhand

Banned
Asking us weather or not to buy a Cobra is like walking into a whore house..

You know whats gonna happen next.

cobra_mer

Established Member
Since you already have the 5.0, I would look at it finanically, what would be the cheapest way to have a tricked out mustang? If it was me personally I would sell the 5.0 and get the cobra, but I love the 03-04 cobra's above any other mustang, except for a 67 GT500, I would sell my left nut, right kidney, first born and possibly my wife for one of those originals...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You owe on the 2011 right?

If you sell it will you be able to get the payoff amount?
Musical chairs used to be a fun game as a kid,
Musical cars can be brutally expensive.

If someone very reputable with a Whipple Mystichrome Brembo Delrin 04 Cobra, with spares and track tires out the wazzo was possibly interested in a straight up swap would you be able to pay off the bank note and sign over a free and clear title?

A bank may not want to lend the amount that you still owe for a loan on an 04 Cobra w/ 25K.

You see how this can be problematic?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
You just bought the 5.0....why would you swap right afterwards? I say stick with what you got unless you can get EXACTLY what you owe on the 5.0...

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You owe on the 2011 right?

If you sell it will you be able to get the payoff amount?
Musical chairs used to be a fun game as a kid,
Musical cars can be brutally expensive.

If someone very reputable with a Whipple Mystichrome Brembo Delrin 04 Cobra, with spares and track tires out the wazzo was possibly interested in a straight up swap would you be able to pay off the bank note and sign over a free and clear title?

A bank may not want to lend the amount that you still owe for a loan on an 04 Cobra w/ 25K.

You see how this can be problematic?

keep your car jimmy, way cooler than a 2011 GT IMO. :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
keep your car jimmy, way cooler than a 2011 GT IMO. :beer:

Wife would kill me!

I pretty much just need the Tiger Racing hood and I should be good to go for some fairly consistent and respectable lap times. A Cayman S is not slow and I have already caught a few of those.(on stock springs and shocks!)

I must admit though that the 2011 S197s are very tempting, and both engines actually.:dw:

derockgt

Established Member
get rid of the dime a dozen GT, and get the cobra. for sure.
+1

i had a 2010 gt, i know its not a 5.0 but i got a even trade for what i had left over on my loan for a cobra and couldnt be more happier, ended up with what i really wanted. ive always loved the terminators since they came out and finally i have one ill never get rid of it.

GL

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
i own a 2011 Gt and i know most of you guys own 03-04 cobras but some some are lucky enough to own both or maybe made the switch. Being that my first mustang ever was a 98 BAB cobra i really want to be back in the seat of a cobra. I have a 98 gt now with basically bheaded cobra convertion but for some reason it just doesnt make up for what i used to have with my 98 BaB.

Lately ive been getting the 03-04 cobra itch real bad and was thinking about selling the 2011 to get one. I even put the car up for sale because i got hurt and was out of work, but i have enough money saved up to make the payments and im not going to be out of work as long as thought. If i do sell it i have my 98 to drive around while i find the right terminator. But im really having a hard time making my decision. I just Love the way 03-04's look, the 2011 is ok to but looks nowhere as mean as the terminator does, at least to me. Any advice from the guys having owned both of them? I have to make my decision by this week as i have a buyer for the 2011 but now its starting to sink in and im not sure what to do now

Would not be a great move. There are plenty of Terminator guys that are moving on to the 5.0's because of the 1000% better interior and rediculous reaction to mods. I agree that the look of a lowered Terminator with 315's on the back is hard to beat, but definately would be a step back from the new 5.0 on all other aspects.

:lol:
Sig material if you don`t mind.

Just make sure you fix the spelling ;-)

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
swap

Would not be a great move. There are plenty of Terminator guys that are moving on to the 5.0's because of the 1000% better interior and rediculous reaction to mods. I agree that the look of a lowered Terminator with 315's on the back is hard to beat, but definately would be a step back from the new 5.0 on all other aspects.

Just make sure you fix the spelling ;-)

rediculous reaction to mods ? like picking up 75rwhp/80rwtq by changing the pulley on a terminator ($500) you will never be able to pick up that kind of horsepower with 2011 for that cheap, even nos would cost you more than $500 with tune and everything, and there are not plenty its a few, and the terminator, as i had this argument all day last week with guys on here, is not comparable to the terminator , lethals 5.0 already has a return style fuel system, and thousands in tuning, suspension mods, and supercharger, plus the $30,000+ you will pay for the car running tens in the quarter, tell me its the looks only and i will buy that, but performance wise they are nowhere near the terminator, someone might say a 2011 looks better than mine but they will never be as fast as my car with what i have in my car, i love them and wish i could afford one, but would i trade my cobra for one? NEVER, like i posted the other day if they were both sold at the dealership right now and me and you went and bought them, now someone gives each of us $1000 to mod our cars in any way, which would you think would be faster, that actually makes me laugh :lol1:

Mustang289

Established Member
I like the comments "the 2011 GTs are just as quick as the terminators if YOU GET THE OPTIONAL 3.73 GEARS".

Pullied/ported Eaton or TS + IRS bushings + few other mods will leave the new GT behind and you'll still have money left over!

Looking at the new style Mustangs from the front is bad ass but I just can't stand the ass end!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
rediculous reaction to mods ? like picking up 75rwhp/80rwtq by changing the pulley on a terminator ($500) you will never be able to pick up that kind of horsepower with 2011 for that cheap, even nos would cost you more than $500 with tune and everything, and there are not plenty its a few, and the terminator, as i had this argument all day last week with guys on here, is not comparable to the terminator , lethals 5.0 already has a return style fuel system, and thousands in tuning, suspension mods, and supercharger, plus the $30,000+ you will pay for the car running tens in the quarter, tell me its the looks only and i will buy that, but performance wise they are nowhere near the terminator, someone might say a 2011 looks better than mine but they will never be as fast as my car with what i have in my car, i love them and wish i could afford one, but would i trade my cobra for one? NEVER, like i posted the other day if they were both sold at the dealership right now and me and you went and bought them, now someone gives each of us $1000 to mod our cars in any way, which would you think would be faster, that actually makes me laugh :lol1:

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Roush 2.3L TVS supercharger kit
-VMP tune
-75mm pulley
-Enclosed Air box (limits boost to 10-11psi)
-FRPP CJ 62mm TB
-1 ¾” long tube headers with cats
-Stock mufflers
-Roush supplied 47lb injectors with otherwise stock fuel system.
-J&M lower control arms
-3.55 gears
-2011 gt500 diff cover
-6pt roll bar
-Weld wheels 18x6 front (heavy) and 15x10 rear with 275 (28”) M&H tires.

And with these Rebecca's car runs 10.1 @ 135mph (in an auto). There are guys out there with KB swaps on GT 500's that aren't even running near these times. To me that is reacting rediculous to mods. Or the fact that Tune only cars are running 11's with a good driver.

I loved my 04', but the interior was archaic, small, and does not even compare to the 05-09's much less the interior of the 10'+.

For years Terminator guys were longing for a High Reving 32V car that had potential and now they have it. You will have guys that will never part with their cars, but plenty that will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread