04 Cobra Help

Tony19426

Established Member
Hey guys new here got a 04 mystic cobra a few months back that's stock besides magnaflow catback and i just put the o/r x pipe on. I was looking for some help in what kinda parts to use and get as in supercharger pully, tuner, heat exchanger ect.. or whatever you guys think i should do keep in mind not looking to build a drag car but something more than stock. Thanks for the help!!!!

04bgsnake

Established Member
Without a doubt, someone will respond to this by saying "search". It is true there are lots of good topics on here for just what you are looking for. You will also find lots of opinions on who makes the best part, tuner, etc. If you are looking for a decent increase in hp, then i would recommend going with a 2.76 pulley. You will get the most bang with this. However you will need a tune to compensate for the extra air. I would install a CAI, maybe a new MAF, and the pulley. Then get the car tuned. Depending on your tuner you may need to buy a handheld tuner. SCT and Diablo are both good tuners. Also if you havent, I would install a short throw shifter. It will help with the missing of 3rd gear. I have owned both an AFCO and Fluidyne h/e. I did not see a difference with my setup. Others on here with much more experience than I will be able to give you more help. Just search around and you will find what you are looking for!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tony, welcome to SVTP. A Mystichrome Cobra, eh? I'll bet it's nice. If you don't have any racing plans and will be happy with around 450 rwhp then I'd recommend the following additional mods.
* 2.90/2.93 upper pulley (second choice would be 2.80/2.76) - Metco, Reichard Racing or Billetflow
* 4-piece idler set (Metco or Billetflow)
* Aftermarket throttle body/plenum
* Lowering springs
* Billet short throw shifter (MGW, Pro 5.0, TriAx) - I recommend one of my shifter gaskets if you go with a new shifter

I recommend that you read through my Terminator FAQs page. Here is a direct link. .. Terminator FAQs

Users who are viewing this thread