Nice day in Michigan I have to VENT

03SonicStang

Established Member
So its finally going to be 60F and dry in Southeast Michigan today....i decide to drive the Cobra to work.

-Un-cover
-Get the Snow-blower out of the way and put in shed
-Move two of 8 damn strollers my wife has put behind the Cobra
-Move child seat to take my 4 year old to school.

Turn the Key, three revolutions, and click, click, click, click....I WAS SOOOOOO PISSED. I start the car once a month in the winter and let it run for about a 1/2 hour. Almost rolled the car down the street and popped the clutch, but I was late!

I guess the nine year old battery did pretty good.....time for a 6 Pack Optima

Ended up having to Drive the SRT4 to work....not a happy camper ....Rant off

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So its finally going to be 60F and dry in Southeast Michigan today....i decide to drive the Cobra to work.

-Un-cover
-Get the Snow-blower out of the way and put in shed
-Move two of 8 damn strollers my wife has put behind the Cobra
-Move child seat to take my 4 year old to school.

Turn the Key, three revolutions, and click, click, click, click....I WAS SOOOOOO PISSED. I start the car once a month in the winter and let it run for about a 1/2 hour. Almost rolled the car down the street and popped the clutch, but I was late!

I guess the nine year old battery did pretty good.....time for a 6 Pack Optima

Ended up having to Drive the SRT4 to work....not a happy camper ....Rant off

Get another Motorcraft, the reliability is better than the Optimas, plus if they install it towing is covered. Even if you install it the warranty is excellent.

Most importantly though is you probably won't need it.
I would get a little trickle charger though for next winter.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Same thing happened to me yesterday, but I was not going to work, and I got it charged and drove the car.....it was worth it! Get that new battery asap!

03SonicStang

Established Member
Get another Motorcraft, the reliability is better than the Optimas, plus if they install it towing is covered. Even if you install it the warranty is excellent.

Thanks Jimmy; yea, i was just looking at Optimas and they dont even make one that fits. I just always used the Marine grade Optima in my boat and its 5 years in counting. That's that longest I've ever had a Marine Battery last!

Yep, going to NAPA today and getting a trickle....that's been a long time coming!!

Have a good one.Tom

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Thanks Jimmy; yea, i was just looking at Optimas and they dont even make one that fits. I just always used the Marine grade Optima in my boat and its 5 years in counting. That's that longest I've ever had a Marine Battery last!

Yep, going to NAPA today and getting a trickle....that's been a long time coming!!

Have a good one.Tom

they do, its a 34-78 optima.

89slowgt331

Established Member
HaHa, same thing happen to me, Michigan winters, i hate them, A friend got me a yellow topfor to cheap to pass up, I had to pull the battery tray and trim the edge off for it to sit flush. It looks nice up north today to.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member

and if you do get a trickle charger, make sure you turn it on!!! *COUGH COUGH*

sorry Jimmy, but I had to:beer:

Tornbtwentwo

Established Member
it wasnt a black srt 4 on i 75 was it.

Also i would like to remind you to plug the trickle charger in also. LOL:-D

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I'm sure the srt4 wouldnt leave him alone we all know those guys haha kidding kidding

Black Sex

Established Member
Don't get an Optima. I don't think they like cold weather. I kill two of them in a year with my 98 cobra. My factory battery finally died this winter. I will be getting another motorcraft

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I know im going to have to get a new battery once I get back from Afghanistan, I had like 30 minutes notice on my deployment (was told I was going on the next flight untill about an hour before we manifested) so my wife had to park my car in the garage and she didnt take the battery cable off lol. One year of sitting...not gonna be good for it lol...

03_Cobra_Coy

AWESOMENESS
Established Member
I know im going to have to get a new battery once I get back from Afghanistan, I had like 30 minutes notice on my deployment (was told I was going on the next flight untill about an hour before we manifested) so my wife had to park my car in the garage and she didnt take the battery cable off lol. One year of sitting...not gonna be good for it lol...

Dude I’m in the same boat. My buddy went to my house to start my car. And nothing Battery is dead. So when I get off the plan From the STAN. I have to go and buy a Damn Battery . WELCOME HOME shell out 100 bucks for a new battery....

Users who are viewing this thread