Breathing with new life (vid)

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
Fired the car up today for the first time after my 2.3 install. Me and a good friend who have never done any work like this before pulled it off in about 2 days. We were only able to start it today because I have been waiting on my belt to come in. Our only resource was here at SVTP.com in the How-to section, so thanks to those threads and the helpful info on here.

We pulled the stock blower and slapped on the 2.3. Took the cam covers off (NEVER again) and painted them wrinkle black. Installed all supporting mods (BAP, injectors, even-flow cooling mod, Start N Charge alt w/3.2 pulley, EGR delete, Reische T-stat, Ford GT battery, and a BF idler) using all of the applicable threads in the How-To section.

I am pretty excited and most of all proud of myself for not setting it on fire. Now just needs a tune and a brake bleed. It's idling really high in the vid, I have yet to tinker with anything so far. Probably just leave that all up to my tuner.

th_HDV_0020.jpg

Drew03

Established Member
Damn dude good job I'm no mechanic so I'm too scared to do any thing like that haha

TVSCobra

Established Member
awesome. Keep us post after getting tuned. Love your collection of pics of the car. Looks badass!

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
Damn dude good job I'm no mechanic so I'm too scared to do any thing like that haha

I was hesitant at first too but I'm a firm believer if you know basic tools and know how to read/follow directions then you can do it.

Thanks all.:beer:

Blueline

Established Member
nice job! nothing better than doing it yourself. same feeling I had when I put my first s-trim on my 87 coupe!

Last edited:

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
Excellent! Good for you!:rockon:

Next job... FullTiltBoogieRacing IRS bushings and no more wheel hop.:rockon::beer:

Haha. I have been thinking about that. Problem is income is about to come to a screeching hault very soon. :(

03cobra5485

Established Member
i put my ported blower on and have never done anything like that before, wasn't that bad, i was pretty hesitant to get on it afterward, i kept thinking that i forgot to bolt something down and the that blower was gonna shoot through the fn hood lol..everything was fine though...sounds good

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Congrats! Doing all that work is quite an accomplishment given that you were a rookie. It's an empowering feeling isn't it?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was hesitant at first too but I'm a firm believer if you know basic tools and know how to read/follow directions then you can do it.

Thanks all.:beer:

I can personally attest to what you did. I had never done a blower swap in my life but I do have a good working knowledge of tools required, I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I can certainly follow good directions. I removed my blower with the assistance of an SVTP friend from New York who had never done it either. Another friend helped me to re-install my ported blower. All went very well. Glad it went well for you, too. :thumbsup:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Congrats on the accomplishment!
I did it with a buddy and it wasn't bad at all...you just gotta get prepared and tear into it!

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
I can personally attest to what you did. I had never done a blower swap in my life but I do have a good working knowledge of tools required, I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I can certainly follow good directions. I removed my blower with the assistance of an SVTP friend from New York who had never done it either. Another friend helped me to re-install my ported blower. All went very well. Glad it went well for you, too. :thumbsup:

I work on airplanes for a living so I don't think I can use the excuse "I don't know how to use tools". Thanks!

Congrats on the accomplishment!
I did it with a buddy and it wasn't bad at all...you just gotta get prepared and tear into it!

I wouldn't say we we're "prepared".. A few trips between his house, my house, Autozone, and Ace was getting frustrating to say the least. Haha BTW 1 of 170 represent!

Congrats! Doing all that work is quite an accomplishment given that you were a rookie. It's an empowering feeling isn't it?

Actually it is!

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
Finally got around to getting it tuned, then came along a few hiccups that we had to sort out. It is REALLY fun to drive now to the least! It made 624 @ 17psi. This is in AZ where it was about 110* that day. It is a nice gift to myself for my end of enlistment present and I am glad to be bringing it home to Texas in mid July. Here's the vid:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlmhsZwKQxQ"]YouTube - ‪Kenny's 2.3 Whipple Cobra‬‏[/nomedia]

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
WHere did you get the start and charge alt? Didn't the person who sells them stop making them?

I got mine in March. I just called the number that was posted on his add and had a new alt by the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread