Terminator (along with truck & trailer) stolen and wrecked - TX2K11?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
A friend who frequents Supraforums sent me this about a fellow Terminator owners unfortunate luck down in Texas. :(

taken from Supraforums -
I leave CA Tuesday night, trailer loaded with the car & a 55 of VP. I worked all day Tuesday, so when I get to El Paso TX I stop, and decide to get a little shut eye. Get my room at the Holiday Inn Express, sleep for about 5 hours wake, shower and get ready to leave.
I pull the truck around to the front of the hotel, so I can go inside and hit the breakfast bar to grab a couple of cinnamon rolls and some fruit for the road. Since I am parked under the awning in the front of the hotel, (and it's a little cold out) I leave the truck running. I get my food, grab a coffee and head back out to......nothing. It seems while I was inside (5 mins, max) someone hopped in the truck and took off. With my fawking car attached to it.
Oh SH**!!!
I rush the counter, screaming, CALL 911 SOMEONE JUST STOLE MY TRUCK & TRAILER!!!!
Amazingly the guy behind the counter was on it, picked up the phone immediately. Cops show up about 7 minutes later, get a vehicle description plate number, etc. While I am talking to one officer, the other is on the radio, calling the description in.
Fast forward 26 minutes.
The cops are just about to leave, when their radio goes off,a pursuit, I-10East about 20 miles from the hotel, Texas DPS is pursuing a Ford F-250 with an enclosed trailer attached, CA plates.
OH SH** that's my truck and trailer! Listen to the guy call out the pursuit for 10 minutes or so, when I hear the worst possible thing......
10-50, 10-50!
I guess the guy that stole my rig was changing lanes, got squirrely with the trailer, and wrecked.
Here comes the best part.....
When he wrecked, he flipped the truck and trailer. The 55 gallon barrel of VP I had in the back ignited, and exploded. I just saw the wreck, truck, trailer and my car are a complete loss, I'm f**king stuck in Texas, not in Houston, and all of my shit is spread over I-10.
I guess staying at a Holiday Inn Express dose not necessarily make you smarter......
I left the truck running, parking lights on, I might as well of put a sign on it that said please take me.
Good news is that they have the guy on camera getting into the truck, so he will get the GTA charge, not some lessor plea......
Bad news, well you know the bad news....

Is this anyone here on SVTP? Hearing about things like this makes me sick to my stomach.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh wow, thats is some terrible luck. Good thing they caught up to the guy wrecking it, hopefully the insurance can financially reimburse the owner!

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
That just plain sucks.. I had trouble reading it, I definitely feel for the guy's loss

On the other hand, don't bash me please (and I'm sure others will agree/disagree) but if you're going inside for atleast a minute or longer why not turn off the car? Especially when you know you have your damn dream car attached to it...

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
as much as that sucks, he can only blame himself.

owner said it best:

"I left the truck running, parking lights on, I might as well of put a sign on it that said please take me."

SPoole

Established Member
Hope the insurance covers it, I am no expert but have heard talk that if you have the keys in the vehicle it can be difficult to get a stolen vehicle claim paid.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
coolest crap i heard all day,i gladly leave my prized possesions unlocked,keys in and running,for someone to please take, i couldn't make it any easier, and the clown rolls it and explodes a 55 drum of gas destroying everything, that makes 2 losers, me and him, that is just too normal in todays life. should be on tv police videos next week. actually makes me the biggest loser cause i get 50 cents on the dollar from insurance claim, and the thief gets a little jail time, big deal, he's lookin good, free place to live,free medical, three meals a day, and all the free sex you want.
fast forward. claim is denied cause i left keyes in car, let alone running too, insurance company dumps me on top of it. this dude is definately a dumb shit and needs to join the circus, clown department.

Last edited:

SVT95

Established Member
That just plain sucks.. I had trouble reading it, I definitely feel for the guy's loss

On the other hand, don't bash me please (and I'm sure others will agree/disagree) but if you're going inside for atleast a minute or longer why not turn off the car? Especially when you know you have your damn dream car attached to it...
Depends on if its a desiel or gas. On a cold morning it takes desiels longer to warm up than gas. Sucks to hear this happened. Hopefully insurance is good to the guy.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using Tapatalk

wudy

Established Member
Hope the insurance covers it, I am no expert but have heard talk that if you have the keys in the vehicle it can be difficult to get a stolen vehicle claim paid.

This is what I'd be worried about.^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread