What's the average power difference between a Mustang and a Dynojet dyno

GodStang

Established Member
What's the average horsepower difference between a mustang dyno and a dynojet

There is not a standard one. Do a search this is asked weekly.

It breaks down to how the Mustang Dyno is setup. I have seen Mustang Dynos read 10%-15% higher than Dynojets and I have also seen them read 5%-15% lower than dynojets in the same area. That is one reason why Dynos are only for tuning. Also there are Eddy Current and non Eddy current dynojets that will give different numbers. That is why you find one dyno and stay on that dyno so as long as they are setup the same each time you go back you should be close.

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
dyno

There is not a standard one. Do a search this is asked weekly.

It breaks down to how the Mustang Dyno is setup. I have seen Mustang Dynos read 10%-15% higher than Dynojets and I have also seen them read 5%-15% lower than dynojets in the same area. That is one reason why Dynos are only for tuning. Also there are Eddy Current and non Eddy current dynojets that will give different numbers. That is why you find one dyno and stay on that dyno so as long as they are setup the same each time you go back you should be close.

Well I have been getting my tuning done on a non-loaded Dynojet since 2006 , but I chose to switch tuners for various reasons, I am now tuning on a loaded weather corrected mustang dyno, I made around 670 on pumps gas last year on the Dynojet, on the mustang dyno I barely broke 600, its not the motor, compression is perfect, and it stopped making power at only 17 degrees of timing with 20lbs of boost, as a matter of fact it didn't gain any from 16 to 17 degrees, and my iat 2s never went above 92°, we didn't get to finish the E85 pulls yet, what do you think?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That seems about right I guess. maybe take it to a local dyno jet and see what it puts down??

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Dyno numbers are for girls!! Just use them for tuning.

GodStang

Established Member
Dyno numbers are for girls!! Just use them for tuning.

Great statement.... Dyno numbers are very important if you stay on the same dyno. Many many many times people have found problems with their car because of dyno numbers suddenly dropping about 100rwhp. Also helps with tuning and if a part had a gain as long as you do it on the same dyno near the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread