My terminator was crashed!!!

92gt

Established Member
Guys today is a very sad day. An old and dumb driver hit my cobra and a head to head colision the hole bumper and the side fendee was destroy the hood bended. My question is he was at fault but my car took the worst part. Can i tell his insurance that I dont want the car anymore since it would be rebuild and not original anymore what can I do. Any recommendations please help me

wvmystichrome

Established Member
You may have to hold out for that. Just wait and see what they offer first and then go from there. Also did you go to the hospital and get checked out to make sure you are ok. Thats the first thing you needed to do. Glad you're ok but sorry for your Cobra.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Sorry to hear.

How bended is the hood cause that thing is fiberglass and should have crackeded.

You will have to wait for your insurance company took look at it, you cant just tell them you want it totaled. If its like what you say it is it will more than likely be totaled.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Yeah, if you feel any pain what so ever thats related to the accident, go get yourself checked out. As for the car, do you have any pictures of it? Might give us a better idea on the damage done.

If the vehicle is repairable, the insurance company will have it repaired. What insurance company do they have BTW? They wont buy your car off you if the damage doesnt go past 70% of the vehicles value.

Tell them you want ALL OEM parts on your car, and you dont want anything aftermarket unless they dont make it. If its totalled, depending on how bad the damage is, and if you have time, space, and tools... Parting the car out could throw some extra money in your pockets too.

Geico loves using after market parts whenever they can. Allstate and State Farm, from my experience, will tend to use more used/new parts. Wawanessa (which is BY FAR the best insurance company), will do whatever it takes to make the cars look like they did before they were damaged. If the car can be fixed and isnt totalled, you have rights too... And you dont have to accept the repairs done on the vehicle if they dont look good.

Last edited:

92gt

Established Member
Sorry guys no pics the hood got cracked tho. They have state farm and i dont know if I wanted or not im going with a lawyer on Monday cause I have to pay the hospital
Charges myself right know. Ill wait for my lawyer to give me his advise before going with the dr. Btw what rights do I have if i dont like the way my car looks after repairs???

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Sorry guys no pics the hood got cracked tho. They have state farm and i dont know if I wanted or not im going with a lawyer on Monday cause I have to pay the hospital
Charges myself right know. Ill wait for my lawyer to give me his advise before going with the dr. Btw what rights do I have if i dont like the way my car looks after repairs???

Did you contact YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY YET???

They will take care of you and your bills and then go after the other company for you.

You don't need a lawyer ............yet.

Call them!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Did you contact YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY YET???

They will take care of you and your bills and then go after the other company for you.

You don't need a lawyer ............yet.

Call them!

Insurance companies can be a TOTAL bitch to deal with, especially if it comes down to medical bills. I was in a pretty serious accident about 2 years ago. Some old guy pulled out in front of my friends truck and we hit him in the door. My friend wasnt at fault, and long story short, I broke my shoulder and nose, cracked my hip, and my head broke through the windshield. The insurance company was refusing to pay my medical bills... And a helicopter ride aint cheap! Almost $90K in medical bills all said and done.

I got a lawyer, and it made my life soo much more easy. They dealt with the insurance companies for me and translated all that legal mumbo-jumbo into english so I understand everything I was signing. Best part was, I didnt have to pay them anything (up front.... but they got paid at the end of the settlement).

If you are not injured, I wouldnt get a lawyer because she hit your car and you want another one. If you are injured however, go get one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be aware, though, that not all injuries show up right away. I always advise people to get a lawyer. I was hit from behind a few years ago and at the time didn't feel I was injured. Just shaken up. Well, days later my neck and back manifested pain and I ended up going for treatments for almost two months. My attorney, by the way, advised me to see a doctor right away since I didn't go to the hospital the day of the accident. I was so glad that I got a lawyer and that everything was documented. Because of that I had no out of pocket expenses (the doctor charges were allowed to accumulated and the other party's insurance paid the bill. They also paid me for pain and suffering, and, of course, they fixed my wife's car to our satisfaction.

Insurance companies are notorious for doing only what they have to do, payment wise. A good attorney will help insure that you get everything you're entitled to. I'm not advocating getting an attorney when you stub your toe, but I do recommend talking to one after any auto accident where there are substantial damages and/or personal injuries (no matter how slight the injury might appear to be at the time of the accident).

Just an illustration. More than once I have lifted something heavy when moving stuff or doing yard work, and 1-2 weeks later my back suddenly goes out. This has happened to my wife as well. Very common. Body injury definitely can be "hidden" for days and weeks before the trauma manifests with pain.

Zimm11

Established Member
Be aware, though, that not all injuries show up right away. I always advise people to get a lawyer. I was hit from behind a few years ago and at the time didn't feel I was injured. Just shaken up. Well, days later my neck and back manifested pain and I ended up going for treatments for almost two months.

+1,000,000...my woman now goes to the chiropractor every so often cause of neck pains and its basically ****ed up. she felt 'ok' after being rear ended and asked by the insurance so now she gets to pay for her visits instead of the other guys insurance :nonono: this was before i met her, i would have told her to tell them otherwise...oh yea, im sorry for your accident too, ****ing old people need to re-take their license test over once their 60 and every five years after in my opinion...

Last edited:

92gt

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys ill get a lawyer for sure i have a slight pain in my spine an neck so is better to safe than sorry

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Sorry to hear. Count on aftermarket parts replacement (where possible) Fender for sure.Talk to your insurance agent! 03 or 04? how many miles?
Good luck....

wvmystichrome

Established Member

Good luck. The lady that works for me in my dpartment just went thru this last fall. It was awful. The woman who caused the accident did not enough insurance to pay the hospital bills. So my co-worker had to sue her own insurance company to pay for everything even her totalled out car. Good luck with State Farm, I have them, but I have never had good luck with them. And they will use used parts. At least they did on the old car I had years ago.

dom418

Established Member
Glad you are ok because
most head on collisions don't have happy outcomes. They will probably total it out given the age of our cars. They go by book value which doesn't represent what the Terminators usually sell for. This is why I am looking into collector insurance since you set the value. Anyway you can always buythe car back from the insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread