Fuel tank baffling?

03_StangGuy

Established Member
I have a Cobra tank in my GT. I pulled the pump assembly over the weekend to clean up my PPRV delete routing. I noticed the baffle seemed to contained all the sediment in the tank. I did siphon the tank before I dropped it but I didnt notice anything coming out and would think some would still be in the tank but it seems to all be inside the baffle.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have a Cobra tank in my GT. I pulled the pump assembly over the weekend to clean up my PPRV delete routing. I noticed the baffle seemed to contained all the sediment in the tank. I did siphon the tank before I dropped it but I didnt notice anything coming out and would think some would still be in the tank but it seems to all be inside the baffle.

And your question is?????

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
More of an observation for discussion. I guess is this normal? Should the tank be cleaned from time to time?

I would imagine it is pretty normal, though during my PPRV delete I did not see an inordinate amount of sediment or crud. Some but not very much.

Tank cleaned?
I would think no.
The fuel pump socks and replaceable inline filters should be sufficient for a very, very long time period.

If your gas source locally seems to present some excessive dirty fuel issues then perhaps it might be prudent to do a clean out and then consider a different source of fuel.

greengt88

Established Member
what is exactly done with the tune once the PPRV is deleted? We constructed our own out of braided stainless line and a brass fitting. I assume the brass would be bad for gas containing ethanol/or straight ethanol. Brass hates ethanol and begins to corrode almost instantly upon contact. The car already had a PPRV delete, so was tuned for it by the previous owner i asssume, but one of the lines popped off, so out the tank came...we discovered non-submersible rubber line and a plastic Y-fitting for vacuum line use....our solution seemed better. I'm going to be doing the FTBR bushing kit on mine either this or next weekend so i'd like to do the PPRV delete to mine as well. I probably wont then until i can get to porting the blower so i only need tuning once. please advise...

Users who are viewing this thread