Interior Questions.(how's the fit for a 6'5" big guy)

|KNY BEL|

Established Member
I just re-entered the market for a termi and have been looking lately. I havent found one that is close by to actually see in person yet so I have no clue about one of my main concerns, how I would fit inside. I am almost 6'5'' and 230lbs.

Anyways, I went and checked out an 03 GT this weekend with a friend and after he took it for a spin, I sat in the drivers seat and I couldnt believe how I fit. I felt crunched (shoulder wise) and my head was practically jammed against the ceiling. The seat went far enough back though, thats a first in any car haha. Long story short, I just didnt feel right in the car.

My question is I hope, and I doubt, the Cobra interior is any different than the standard GT other than the seats. Please tell me this is false as I really dont want to cross the Cobra off my list, its one of my fav cars of all time and Ive wanted one forever hahaha.

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I am 6'5" and I fit decent in the Cobra, you will need to drive one to see. FYI-There is a lot of room in the SRT-8 Challenger.

PS - We don't like "TERMI" name around here.

Quasar Z

Established Member
I'm 6'6" 250 lbs and would not fit in my Cobra without the Recaro seats. If it is the car you want keep in mind that there are a variety of aftermarket seats that will sit lower to the floor. I persoanlly like the look of the factory seats and really wanted to change to them (my car had the Recaro's when I bought it) but after sitting in a couple of them I quickly figured out that it wouldn't work.

There are also seat rail extenders but they actually move the seat up even further even though they do allow the seat to move back further. Good luck.

greengt88

Established Member
i'm 6'4 and fit fine in mine...plenty of head/shoulder room. mine is a convertible, so there is alot more head room. i still have room even wearing a helmet.

peteys101

Established Member
I'm 6 2 225 fit fine in mine and with helmet Im probably 6 4 and still feel fine

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
6'3" 255 and I think that's about the limit with any comfort. I can't imagine being taller and sitting comfortably in a Cobra especially for anything longer than an hour or 2....I can't understand how you guys taller than me are saying you're comfortable.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Established Member
Im 6"1' and 280lbs. and I have a problem with the seatback. My ribs dont fit between the bolsters. It will depend on your build and how you fit in the seat. If its truly a dream of yours to own one the aftermarket can help. Good luck

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Qualifier, I am 6'5" as stated above but I neglected to list the rest, 240 + LB's, and fit nicely but my car has the Corbeau CR1 seats.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'm 6'6" 250 lbs and would not fit in my Cobra without the Recaro seats. If it is the car you want keep in mind that there are a variety of aftermarket seats that will sit lower to the floor. I persoanlly like the look of the factory seats and really wanted to change to them (my car had the Recaro's when I bought it) but after sitting in a couple of them I quickly figured out that it wouldn't work.

There are also seat rail extenders but they actually move the seat up even further even though they do allow the seat to move back further. Good luck.

Do you have any pics of your Recaro's in the car? I'm 6'6'' as well and have been kicking around the idea of getting some aftermarket seats for my car to make trips longer than across town more comfortable/enjoyable.

Grimster

Established Member
Im 6'6" 240lbs. Seats are a snug fit but I like that. Ive taken my cobra on several 8-10 hour road trips and it's fine for me. I just need to get out and stretch every fuel break, but that goes for any car.

Go try to get some seat time in one to see how you fit. Since everyone (especially people our height/weight) is a little different, it might fit great for me and fit horrible for you. It's also subjective on what "great" really is.

1slohawk

Established Member
I'm 6'5" 210 and fit with no problems at all. Even with a helmet on at the track I don't have any head room issues.

Jefe

Established Member
6'2" 220. My Corbeau LG1s have made the seating position so much more enjoyable. Probably 6" of head room left too

I need to get better pics

IMG_1518-1.jpg

Last edited:

liedenfrost

Established Member
I'm 6'3" and 245 lbs. Its snug. Not good with a helmet. I have to scrunch down a bit with a helmet at the track...my head is hitting the top. :)

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I am 6'-5" and 250 lbs. I was 290 lbs when I bought the Cobra.

It is a snug fit but you get used to it. I also drive a dodge ram 1500 so I am well aware of the difference when I climb into the Cobra. My left arm has gotten stronger from leaning on it when sliding in and out of the Cobra.

When I first got my Cobra the headroom was pretty tight, but after adjusting the seat correctly and having it settle down some from my weight, I now have plenty of head room.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
6'2" 220. My Corbeau LG1s have made the seating position so much more enjoyable. Probably 6" of head room left too

I need to get better pics

IMG_1518-1.jpg

How long have you had these? How are they wearing/holding up? Yours look good (still dark black) while sometimes I've seen in some pics that have been posted by others that theirs tend to look like the black has faded to an almost purple color. :shrug: :??:

greengt88

Established Member
I've taken several 1000+ mile trips in my cobra w/out issue.....I drive from PA to FL about 2x's a year or more. I used to do it in a Charger Daytona R/T....they have super comfortavle seats, I recommend sitting in some if u ever get the oppritunity...but I feel that the seats in the cobra are even more comfortable and left me not feeling near as fatigued. I've had corbeau seats also and they were rather uncomfortable.

Jefe

Established Member
If you think stock 03/04 seats are comfortable you haven't tried a nice aftermarket seat. I couldn't believe how much better these LG1s were in every aspect. Best part is you can sell your stock seats, buy aftermarket seats and still come out on top

How long have you had these? How are they wearing/holding up? Yours look good (still dark black) while sometimes I've seen in some pics that have been posted by others that theirs tend to look like the black has faded to an almost purple color. :shrug: :??:
Ive had them for a year this week. No problems at all. Ill clean them up this weekend and get some better pics. Still look like new and I put 150+ miles on my Cobra every week

Users who are viewing this thread