100K+ mile cobra question

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
Hey guys I did some searching on high mileage cobras and I know there is one guy on here that has over 200k on his. I am just curious about how reliable these engines are over 100k. I know there are many variables but I'm just looking in general. I have a lead on a 110k miles one owner all stock cobra but am nervous about the miles.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Are you serious? How can you ask about over 100,000 mile Cobras, as if to imply they might be a reliability issue, but you are totally OK with buying one that you already know needs a head gasket?

That does not make sense.

Switch over to 100,000 mile plus Cobras that DON'T need a head gasket and you will be doing much better.

I hope I miss read or misunderstood something in that question.

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
I was asking about 100k+ cobras in general. When I posted I didn't know the one i was looking at had a blown head gasket. I edited it a few minutes later after I found out it needed a gasket. I was already leery of buying one with that many miles but the head gasket is a deal breaker but I figured I would get some input on 100k+ cobras anyway as I am still looking.

Spoolx

Established Member
Mine has 110k and runs perfectly, it all depends on how well it was taken care of, some motors are like new @ 100k and some are whipped @ 20k.

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
my buddy jsut bought a 130k and jsut out a stg 6 steg on it. its new so i have no idea how long i twill last lol

89slowgt331

Established Member
If the car is running good and was maintained milage is just a number to save you some $$$, mine is at 108k, had a whipple and made 602 rw, I now has a ported eaton, the previous owner maintained mine, It run's like it was just broken in.

stal94gt

Established Member
mine has 90k on the clock, bought it at 86k and it was bone stock. did a comp test and it was fine, no head tick, and i recently installed a whipple and put down 600's all day long

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
A friend of mine blew his 2v(nitrous + leaning out) and it had 112k on it. I looked at the cylinder walls and they were like new. I can only imagine what the they would like like on a pretty beefy motor like the Cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread