Aeroforce & Killer Chiller

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Great gauge for monitoring IAT temps along with other readings, finally seeing what the killer Chiller is doing. getting 90-100* temps for IAT2 on a day with 85*+ outside. Spikes up a little bit with hard driving up to 107-110* but drops fairly quickly with normal driving.:banana:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Killer chiller sounds pretty nice. Might need to look into this.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Correct me if Im wrong, but with all the research Ive done over the years on a KC, your IAT2's are high.

Again, correct me of Im wrong.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Correct me if Im wrong, but with all the research Ive done over the years on a KC, your IAT2's are high.

Again, correct me of Im wrong.

I think I may still have an issue with my IC pump, the flow is increased from what it was, I have the air out of it, but still doesnt seem very strong. When I remove my return line that goes into the IC tank, its similiar to a weak garden hose flow, where as I have seen some that generate quite a flow in the tank.

But from posts I've looked at, temps around 90-100 seem about normal, considering outside temp was around 85+, I think a CAI would help as well, so as not to take in underhood heat for the incoming air charge. which is higher than the outside temp considerably. While idling & not moving IAT ( incoming air charge )was approximately 127*+, per the Aeroforce gauge.

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ agree, it would be quite a battle I think to get temps below ambient with out the use of ice, which would be short lived anyways.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
the only draw back I've noticed so far, is when taking advantage of the Killer Chiller on days when its around 60-70* outside, with the AC on it gets pretty chilly in the cab. Would like to figure out a way to shut off the blower in the cab, while keeping the compresser running. I need to do some more research :read:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im pretty sure you should be able to move the temp selector from full cold to somewhere in the middle and the compressor will still cycle, also the blower speed doesnt change anything, put it down to 1.

Im pretty sure some of the Lightning guys just put theres on the defrost vent setting

black 10th vert

Established Member
There was an optional thing that they offer that allows you to run the compressor independently for the KC without running the cabin AC.

I am interested in getting one too. Anyone want to try to get another group buy going?

Tractionless1

Established Member
^^ Before I added valves to introduce the HE back in the system in winter I'd simply select a hotter setting and put it on defrost. Compressor still runs but introduces air through the heater core to keep ya toasty inside. Now when it gets cold I just switch the flow to the HE on and don't run the AC/KC unless I'm doing back to back pulls, racing, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread