Fog Lights, Cmon!!!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Well this is my second set and its just plain sux! I did a search to see if anyone modified a screen to protect the glass from cracking with no avail. I might try and make a screen cause both my fog lamps are cracked now. I have a set of 5000K HID's awaiting to install but good thing I waited.:nonono:

TRBO VNM

I got the 3m tint from autobadges and put that on. it is very thick and so far no issues. That said, my previous 3 terminators never had issues and I didn't have anything protecting them.

It does seem to be a common problem. I guess I have been lucky.

Last edited:

Kreep306

Established Member
Fastest and best solution is buy a square plexiglass and cut off all 4 corners. Remove the foglight and slide it between the bezel and the fog lamp cover you wanna get a nice thin piece bolt it back up. You should'nt have any more issues you can paypal me 10$ now.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Just keep your distance from other cars and you won't have any problems. Rocks can't just miraculously fly up and hit'em without a car in front of you kicking them up...

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
as ghetto as it may sound, what i did was take some good (clear) tape, that you would use to tape boxes with, etc (not regular ol scotch tape). and put a nice strip across each lense. you can not see any traces of the tape, and i have not had one break or crack yet....with over 2 years of daily driving!

hotcobra03

Established Member
has anyone found just a glass replacement for these yet? or even a pair for under 50?

i remember awhile back i found some with changable colors that were less than stock,

it took awile for for replacement mirrors to pop up....

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
has anyone found just a glass replacement for these yet? or even a pair for under 50?

i remember awhile back i found some with changable colors that were less than stock,

it took awile for for replacement mirrors to pop up....

I had a local glass company make some for me .. then send them heated to make the glass tempered. (The suggestion about the 3M works very well too).

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Just keep your distance from other cars and you won't have any problems. Rocks can't just miraculously fly up and hit'em without a car in front of you kicking them up...

uuuuhhhhh yeah no.....rocks can definitly fly upand hit them from the road.

I know becuase I have had a few close calls where I thought I broke the lenses....

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
I got the 3m tint from autobadges and put that on. it is very thick and so far no issues. That said, my previous 3 terminators never had issues and I didn't have anything protecting them.

It does seem to be a common problem. I guess I have been lucky.

This is what I use on all my vehicles fog lights and have never cracked one! Even in brutal winter driving.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I want to thank all of you! I bookmarked some advice and have great ideas to stop the fog light dilemma. Thank you all!

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
uuuuhhhhh yeah no.....rocks can definitly fly upand hit them from the road.

I know becuase I have had a few close calls where I thought I broke the lenses....

So you mean to tell me that with no vehicle in front of you to kick the rocks up, the rocks just jumped up on their own and hit your headlights?! What did you do to piss these rocks off?

03sm3341

Established Member
I've got screens on mine...... The previous owner must of made them. But here's how i think he did it. Get the fog light hole size then find something the same size like maybe a peanut butter jar. Go to the hardware store and pick up some gutter screen it's aluminum and will form easy to the jar. Then screw them into the bezels. I took a raccoon to the fog light. Tore the bumper mounts off the side and mashed the screen, but the light is ok.
DSC_04861.jpg

DSC_0050-2.jpg

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I've got screens on mine...... The previous owner must of made them. But here's how i think he did it. Get the fog light hole size then find something the same size like maybe a peanut butter jar. Go to the hardware store and pick up some gutter screen it's aluminum and will form easy to the jar. Then screw them into the bezels. I took a raccoon to the fog light. Tore the bumper mounts off the side and mashed the screen, but the light is ok.

Dang coons! Mama just hits'em off the porch with a broom...

Users who are viewing this thread