Fastest way to 700HP

Venom_SVT03

Established Member
I posted a thread about my daily driver and how its getting ready to be torn apart and built. My goal is 700HP or just over. Obviously a twin screw KB or Wipple. not sure which one yet. i wanna know what you guys running 700+ are running. if your willing to share your secrets that is :)

toms03cobra

Established Member
2.8h and a 75 shot made me 777rwhp and 826rwtq made right at 700 with just the blower You

SVTDice

Established Member
Whipple 2.9 Or 3.4. Kenne bell is another option. Just remember though, You can have all the power in the world but if you can't get it to the ground. Its useless. So make sure you have a way to hook the power to the ground before you start wasting money.

Just my .02

Venom_SVT03

Established Member
looking to upgrade my half shafts and im think 3:73 gears maybe. running 305/35r18s right now and i think ill keep the tires the same. any other rear end upgrades i should look into?

svtcobratenthan

Established Member

This i know from experience. If u want 700 hp you will need subframe conns and rearend bushings a lot of us use full tilt boogie. And a girdle on the rear wont hurt either.And u defintaly need a fuel system upgrade thier a lot of options out there. Me personnaly being as my motor was pulled out 4 a head bgasket i put stage 3 crower cams in. just put my 2.9 whipple on a couple of weeks ago. I thought i had every thing covered and then on tune day my fuel system had issues. long story short if u want 700 hp then u probaly need to have a spare 15grand.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What octane and fuel type do you plan on using?

700+ RWHP on pump gas from a 32 valve 281 cubic inch engine is not that easy.

What is easy is this:

DSCN1463.jpg

DSCN1464.jpg

DSCN1465.jpg

img1773fs0-1.jpg

img1787wl6-1.jpg

AMotorPull125.jpg

destroyedpiston.jpg

scoredcylinder.jpg

seriouslymeltedcobrapiston.jpg

img1790rt1.jpg

img1789px5.jpg

I suggest as prep doing a little research about pre-ignition and detonation. The similarities of each and how they are also quite different.
Then find and understand all the possible causes of each.

Then build and tune to avoid those rather expensive pit falls.

Insufficient octane for the application boost level is just one of the issues you are knocking on the door of.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
JIMMY i was going to run 104 torko.What do u suggest 4 700 +

With E85 and race gas you can run very aggressive boost levels and tune and that power level is possible if your delivery system is up to the task.

However on a day to day basis race gas and to a lesser extent E85 may not be very practical due to availability issue in most areas.

I love the idea of a build where an E85 build can be pullied down and flashed back to a 93 or 91 octane tune and driven anywhere in the country and put right back to high boost any any time when high octane becomes available again.

However I do not see 700 rwhp happening on 91 or 93 octane with a twin screw as the power adder. A turbo probably yes.

That much power makes a lot more heat too, and the heat needs to be removed effectively and in a timely manner.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Turbo would do it easily and also make it a lot easier on your motor.

04torchred

Established Member
Those melted pistons are from not enough fuel so with that said make sure you build a large fuel system and don't bother wasting time keeping the car returnless. Run a big return fuel system if you are trying to reach 700rwhp.

From those pictures Jimmy posted you want to have fuel there so you don't melt shit.

cbr repsol

Established Member
looking to upgrade my half shafts and im think 3:73 gears maybe. running 305/35r18s right now and i think ill keep the tires the same. any other rear end upgrades i should look into?

700 rwhp and 3.73.gears is :nonono: its got so much power u dont need gear ,since your overcoming a lot with the power. Stay stock gears or 3.27...2.9 whipple with 21#s on e85 will for sure meet your goal. As op have said spend some money on a proper return fuel system.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Yes, stock gear is 3.55, but even with that gear you'll still have some traction problems. I'd suggest a 3.27 not only to help with traction in your lower gears but it effectively increases the mph in each gear. Who wouldn't love started a 50 roll in 2nd?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yes, stock gear is 3.55, but even with that gear you'll still have some traction problems. I'd suggest a 3.27 not only to help with traction in your lower gears but it effectively increases the mph in each gear. Who wouldn't love started a 50 roll in 2nd?

I concur.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Anyone know what the top end mph would be with 3.27's? I would think a bit over 180 mph bu not sure? Gotta beat the new 13 ya know.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread