well visible Gauge pods?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
well visible Gauge pods? - Vent Pod Group Buy on Page 2

I'm looking for some info and suggestions on how to mount my last gauges.

I'm replacing the entire instrument cluster with Speedhut gauges in an Autometer panel which positions accurate oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and fuel level gauges right where I need them in front of me.

now I'm looking for a spot for my AEM wideband and my Aeroforce Interceptor. Preferably mounted on eye level or at least close to that level and angled towards me.
I do have a rollcage so a-pillar is out of question. I had them in the oem radio location last summer but don't like the spot at all, I can't see much of the gauges down there and I want to use the location for a couple of switches and maybe a Navigation system instead.

I found these that would be pretty perfect for my car but since they never made it into production a one off set is very very expensive and I'm only going to get them as last resort if I can't figure out something else
VentPod_Fin.jpg

has anyone ever used this S197 Dash Gauge pod in a Cobra? I do have a boost gauge that I could put in the 3rd spot instead of getting the Aeroforce Boost kit
G6J1989.jpg

this could have been an option but I don't like how the gauges aren't angled towards the driver and I remember the fitment of the gauge pod was terrible a couple of years ago when I ordered one to try and then resold it without ever installing it
p43-10001_1.jpg

Anyone got any other suggestions, ideas???

thanks
Ana :beer:

Last edited:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
that would only be an option if I can angle them towards the left, not toward the windshield. do you have a link?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
that doesn't work in my case, I have the Autometer Race Panel replacing the entire instrument cluster and the surround you have your gauges in

atm-10008_cp.jpg

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
gotcha, hmmm...you might be looking at getting something custom built.

How about the Ford racing boss gauge pack, it mounts to the top of the dash and looks pretty slick, or the speed of sound dash gauge pod?

keith89

Established Member
I'm looking for some info and suggestions on how to mount my last gauges.

I'm replacing the entire instrument cluster with Speedhut gauges in an Autometer panel which positions accurate oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and fuel level gauges right where I need them in front of me.

now I'm looking for a spot for my AEM wideband and my Aeroforce Interceptor. Preferably mounted on eye level or at least close to that level and angled towards me.
I do have a rollcage so a-pillar is out of question. I had them in the oem radio location last summer but don't like the spot at all, I can't see much of the gauges down there and I want to use the location for a couple of switches and maybe a Navigation system instead.

I found these that would be pretty perfect for my car but since they never made it into production a one off set is very very expensive and I'm only going to get them as last resort if I can't figure out something else
VentPod_Fin.jpg

has anyone ever used this S197 Dash Gauge pod in a Cobra? I do have a boost gauge that I could put in the 3rd spot instead of getting the Aeroforce Boost kit
G6J1989.jpg

this could have been an option but I don't like how the gauges aren't angled towards the driver and I remember the fitment of the gauge pod was terrible a couple of years ago when I ordered one to try and then resold it without ever installing it
p43-10001_1.jpg

Anyone got any other suggestions, ideas???

thanks
Ana :beer:

I really like those vent gauges.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Sucks that those vent pods never made it into production. I would be all over those.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I sent the guy who makes the vent pods an email asking how many orders he would need to make them cheaper.
Right now a set of 2 vent pods special ordered would cost a smashing 340 USD :eek: :( :what:

Ironhand

Banned
I sent the guy who makes the vent pods an email asking how many orders he would need to make them cheaper.
Right now a set of 2 vent pods special ordered would cost a smashing 340 USD :eek: :( :what:

I can make them cheaper then that.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill have to get it quoted first but hows this look?

I whipped it up real quick after I responded to you.

VentV1.gif

wow, looks great!
but looking at your pic I noticed that they aren't angled towards the driver, actually, the originals I posted above aren't either but I didn't notice before.

so make your design slightly angled towards the driver and I'll send you cash right away :rockon:

Ironhand

Banned
wow, looks great!
but looking at your pic I noticed that they aren't angled towards the driver, actually, the originals I posted above aren't either but I didn't notice before.

so make your design slightly angled towards the driver and I'll send you cash right away :rockon:

Thats not a problem.

You do know that you will have to modify the back of the bezel right? The gauge wont clear internally and you will have to take the black part off thats surrounding the vents.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats not a problem.

You do know that you will have to modify the back of the bezel right? The gauge wont clear internally and you will have to take the black part off thats surrounding the vents.

not a problem at all, I think I cut off a piece of that black thing a while back when I was running a full panel instead of the regular dash bezel so it might fit already and if not cutting stuff off is what we like to do most, lol!

Ironhand

Banned
not a problem at all, I think I cut off a piece of that black thing a while back when I was running a full panel instead of the regular dash bezel so it might fit already and if not cutting stuff off is what we like to do most, lol!

Ill get it quoted for you after I make the changes and should have a price and eta on a set next week.

Ironhand

Banned
awesome!!!
:pepper::banana:

thank you, looking forward to it.
btw, if you could make them black that would even be better ;-)

They can be spray painted or anodized. If you have 1 piece or 20 you still have to pay the batch fee. So it might add quiet alot to the price to have just these two pieces anodized black.

Users who are viewing this thread