2.2 KB Fuel... 80's with stock pumps and BAP?

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
All, I recently picked up a 2.2 Kenne Bell from the marketplace and am gathering up the other things I need... going to run right around 18# or so, already have a mafia and BAP (on stock pumps)... I figure 60's or 80's will both take care of it, but has anyone ran 80's on the stock pumps? I would imagine I'll be around 580-600 rwhp, but I want to make sure that the fuel system is good enough for now (going to be another season until I make the switch to return)... so, should I just go with 60's? Or go ahead and pick up the 80's anyway so I don't end up replacing them down the line?

Ukfox89

Established Member
im planning on running E85 and am going with 80s, but i upgraded to twin gt pumps and am changing my raisl and feed line. also did dual fpdms. I also will be running a polished 2.2 kennebell around 18lbs maybe more on the corn. see hwo it goes i guess lol

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Pretty much what I wanna run but probably gonna do 60lbs. May wind up running the lethal return style setup.

selbyvince

Established Member
I ran 60s w/ my stock pumps. But I'm on the edge ab going e85 so I'm thinking I might swap them out with some 80s. I will be upgrading my pumps soon. Also, I'd swap out the mafia for a bigger maf

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
There will not be any issue running 80's and the stock pumps w/ BAP.

80's allow room to grow in the future.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Run Twin GT pumps with those 80's and a modded fpdm..

There's no need for that given the mods he's listed. It's just an added expense.

OP,

My fuel system consists of the following:
  • stock pumps
  • BAP
  • stock rails
  • stock fuel lines
  • 55lb injectors

I'm running 23psi with a 2.2L KB on a mix of 93/110 octane.

If you are looking for room to grow, definitely go with the 80's though. They are inexpensive and they
are easy to tune.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
There's no need for that given the mods he's listed. It's just an added expense.

OP,

My fuel system consists of the following:
  • stock pumps
  • BAP
  • stock rails
  • stock fuel lines
  • 55lb injectors

I'm running 23psi with a 2.2L KB on a mix of 93/110 octane.

If you are looking for room to grow, definitely go with the 80's though. They are inexpensive and they
are easy to tune.
Just sayin those fuel mods you listed supporting 630RW is surely an exception to the rule. Can't see you having much duty cycle left on those twin stockers? You don't even have a wire upgrade?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Just sayin those fuel mods you listed supporting 630RW is surely an exception to the rule. Can't see you having much duty cycle left on those twin stockers? You don't even have a wire upgrade?

Plenty of fuel left. No wire upgrade. My fuel mods are listed above...all stock with a BAP and injectors only.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
All, I recently picked up a 2.2 Kenne Bell from the marketplace and am gathering up the other things I need... going to run right around 18# or so, already have a mafia and BAP (on stock pumps)... I figure 60's or 80's will both take care of it, but has anyone ran 80's on the stock pumps? I would imagine I'll be around 580-600 rwhp, but I want to make sure that the fuel system is good enough for now (going to be another season until I make the switch to return)... so, should I just go with 60's? Or go ahead and pick up the 80's anyway so I don't end up replacing them down the line?

I'm right at 17#s with 60s BAP with Lethal Wire upgrade, and stock pumps.
18#s should have not problem:rockon:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
if you plan to have more hp than 600 rwhp in the near future .. just get the 80s .. bap will be fine for now .. upgrade to a better fuel system later when needed

as for now ... bap and 80s and no issues

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Injectors are one thing that you dont want to "grow into". Get 60s for now and then get bigger ones when they are needed. Believe it or not I am still using 60s on my car.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
if you plan to have more hp than 600 rwhp in the near future .. just get the 80s .. bap will be fine for now .. upgrade to a better fuel system later when needed

as for now ... bap and 80s and no issues

Fuel requirements for a PD blower vs a turbo like you have can not be compared because of the HP loss required to turn a PD blower. It will take more fuel for a PD blower car to reach the same RWHP as a turbo car. Apples and oranges.

Ukfox89

Established Member
my pump duty cycle with stock pumps was 91% at 474rwhp. how can people be running 600rwhp on stock pumps? i thought they were limited around 500rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread