Royal Purple HPS, should I switch??

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
Thinking of switching to the new(er) RP HPS. From reading on RP's site it sounds like a good product. I also spoke to Jimmy a while back on the phone about it when I called RP and he had some good things to say about it. Plus, it's 10 cent cheaper on summit then regular RP 5w30 is here at the parts store! What do you guys think? Thanks,
-Hunter

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Any car that is not under warranty should be using the HPS version of our oil. It's not that much more money and the upgrade in protection is significant.

All engines can benefit from better protection, be it a performance car or not. Everyone wants their stuff to last as long as possible.

The only cars that have to run an API licensed oil are cars that have to because warranty compliance dictates it.

Blueline

Established Member
After reading the reviews and data for the RP HPS, I bought 7 qts. and a RP oil filter. Its waiting to go in after I break in the new gears :rockon:

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I'm Going to pick up some of this HPS oil for my Cobra real soon... Run RP in my truck! love this stuff.:thumbsup:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup I'm still leaning towards going with the new hps, currently I use mobil 1 extended performance. I'd likely buy the RP in bulk though, as no auto places here carry it yet. I plan on using a motorcraft filter and I put roughly less than 2k miles a year.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Updated availability info.

Due to Royal Purple HPS being a new product this year, you are not likely to find it on a local store shelf. However eventually a special order should be possible at your local O’Reilly’s, or NAPA. Also in some regions Advanced Auto, Carquest and Pep Boys may also be able to special order HPS for you.

When getting HPS locally does not work out it is definitely available and shipping online at:

Lucky7trucks.com: HPS High Performance Street Oil - Lucky 7 Truck Accessories
Summit Racing: Royal Purple at SummitRacing.com: synthetic motor oil, coolant additives, gear lube, transmission fluid, assembly lube & more
Jegs: Royal Purple 31130 Royal Purple HPS Street Motor Oil
Pace Performance: Pace Performance
Amazon.com:

Thank you for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Jim Morrissey

Royal Purple Technical Services

Users who are viewing this thread