Suspicious Purchase???

b_dike

Established Member
Ok so I just received my used oil cooler in the mail today. Open the box and there is a milky oily substance seeping out of it. The packaging paper is stained with this substance as well.

The whole reason I ordered a new oil cooler is because mine is damaged and was mixing the oil and coolant. Basically I was wondering if there was a way to test these units before install to see if they work right.

I wouldn't want to install this one just to find out it's damaged too... :shrug:

BTW It's from MPS Auto salvage in Georgia, I was referred to them by a member here on svtp

b_dike

Established Member
ya didn't know about midway in Iowa. I was kinda thinking the same thing about it sitting and they both seeped out together, but still seems like a big risk to install it without knowing for sure... I'll be calling tomorrow to see if they can offer some input.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
call robbie @ mps auto salvage. if its not right he will make it right.

robbie is the owner and a personal friend of mine. rest assured he is a stand up guy.

if you need any assistance with this matter contact me.

b_dike

Established Member
Thanks Brian I'll be calling him tomorrow for sure... I'll post back on the outcome. I really hope this oil cooler isn't damaged too. I've been waiting too long to get my baby back on the road lol

b_dike

Established Member
Got ahold of Rob today, and he assured me that the part is in good shape, and that the milky residue is just run off after being rinsed out.

Guess I'll find out soon enough...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does sound like the oil cooler should be fine. Hope it gives you miles/years of dependable service. By the way, what did you pay for it?

b_dike

Established Member
$399.99 Which was way more than I expected to pay, but I finally had some cash and was ready to purchase and this was the only one I could find. Others I'd seen before where selling in the 200-300 range... Oh well lets hope it works.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Holy crap! You paid that for a used one? How much for a new one from Tousley? I honestly had no clue they were that expensive!

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
they are discontinued from ford ....

its crazy not sure what to do if someone needs one.

i got lucky and found one local and got a new one.

but on a side note, robbie and his crew clean all their parts before shipping them out. i go there about once every 3-4 weeks.

just pm me if you need anything from him or you have any issues

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Tousleyford has them for $288 ,Fordpartsgiant sells them for around $340, CJPonyparts has them for around $380, Sarad has them for $356, etc ,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread