FRPS? Fuel rail pressure sensor.

Keensvt

Established Member
So the other day i went to start my car started up for a second idled fine, then start missing like crazy the rpms were jumping up and down then car shuts off.Its blowing white smoke and fuel the tail pipe pretty bad. i took the vacuum hose off the back of the blower and it does have gas in it. Also there is a little scent of gas in the oil. hooked the scan tool up to it and threw the code p0193 FRPS high input. when i put a new one on do i need to hold it to the floor to stop the injectors. what do you think? and what causes this problem?

Thanks Coty

cobracide

Established Member
Maybe the new FRPS is bad? Change your oil/filter asap. Keep your plugs dry. You may have soaked them out and need to replace the plugs.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So the other day i went to start my car started up for a second idled fine, then start missing like crazy the rpms were jumping up and down then car shuts off.Its blowing white smoke and fuel the tail pipe pretty bad. i took the vacuum hose off the back of the blower and it does have gas in it. Also there is a little scent of gas in the oil. hooked the scan tool up to it and threw the code p0193 FRPS high input. when i put a new one on do i need to hold it to the floor to stop the injectors. what do you think? and what causes this problem?

Thanks Coty

Yes, after installing a new FRPS hold your foot to the floor until the engine fires and starts reving up.

As soon as you lift off the floor the injectors will start firing. Use between 1/2 and 1/4 throttle to keep the engine running but not over reving, as it clears out the excessive raw gas.
Once it revs smoothly see if it will idle.

Smell dipstick if it smells really gassy change your oil.

Users who are viewing this thread