Any solutions on adapting different shift lever to MGW

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have an MGw orange handle. Was hoping to put the roush stick or something else on the MGW that makes it easier to reach.

Any ideas or recommendations? Pics of current set ups would be great.

black 10th vert

Established Member
It can be done with some custom machining, but I don't know of any "off the shelf" solutions. I had toyed around with buying one of those chrome, Hurst sticks, and maching an adapter collaer to use it with my MGW for that old school look, but never got around to it (yet).

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I drove my car for the first time in several months and I also was thinking about adapting a shifter extension kinda similar to what they use in WRC and the Australian Super Car series.

Puts the handle right up near the wheel so it just takes seconds to shift and get back on the wheel.

Not sure if I would just replace the whole upper MGW handle or just put an extension on the threads.:shrug:

The current reach is not a good fit even with the seat up fairly far.:nonono:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks guys for the responses. I have a feeling this will become a mission for me to find a solution.

I am sure there are some cnc guys on svtp that could figure this out.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Put a Hurst base on, use the stock stick with the stainless steel bushings, and you'll never have to reach forward. MGW's are nothing special in my book, and if you are taller and have the seat slid bad, the reach with them sucks. Have used Hurst shifters for 20+ years and they've never let me down.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. Project will start this week. Probably will swap out stock clutch over the winter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread