Ford racing 03 04 IRS exhaust??Arvin Meritor

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member

I have this exhaust on one of my cobras. Sounds real nice. I see its no longer made. How sought after is this exhaust and any idea what its worth in excellent condition. I dont know much about them.. Any info would be great

Arvin Meritor
Ford Racing
f1-7571-L 34933-0000

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

I have this exhaust on one of my cobras. Sounds real nice. I see its no longer made. How sought after is this exhaust and any idea what its worth in excellent condition. I dont know much about them.. Any info would be great

Arvin Meritor
Ford Racing
f1-7571-L 34933-0000

That I believe is the FR500 quiet exhaust with the rear x pipe just before the diff.

A fairly desirable piece with decent flow that is capable of taming some of the typical over the top loudness that cat-less cars have to some degree.

With a catted car I felt it was too quiet and with a 2.3 whipple and higher boost it sounded like compressed air instead of engine exhaust.

At TWS on the long straight it sounded like PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, similar to a blown hose on a shop air compressor.

I traded mine even up or a new Magnaflow cat back with a friend with an 01 Cobra.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
I think to the right buyer your looking at around anywhere from $400-500 in excellent condition.

f2hatch

Established Member
I sold one about a year and half ago I got $500 for it. It was $150 to ship from CT to FL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, shipping is expensive when selling a catback system. You're better off trying to sell it local. Maybe go through the local Mustang clubs.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
It would be this one (the M-58, or "FR-500"):

M58_10.jpg

All the info is here:

FRPP_Exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread