car getting slower??

lilcoop03

Established Member
I just put a 2.2 kb on my car a week ago. it made 603/525. the first couple of pulls felt killer on the street riding in the car bc i was coming from a pullied eaton. The last few days ive driven it, it seems a lot slower to me. The temps out have been in the 90's with high humidity and i believe it was much cooler the day off the dyno when it pulled so hard. The car still has a stock intercooler. Is this just the weather? Is it my stock intercooler? Could my clutch be slipping without flashing the tach? Am i just getting used to it? :shrug:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I just put a 2.2 kb on my car a week ago. it made 603/525. the first couple of pulls felt killer on the street riding in the car bc i was coming from a pullied eaton. The last few days ive driven it, it seems a lot slower to me. The temps out have been in the 90's with high humidity and i believe it was much cooler the day off the dyno when it pulled so hard. The car still has a stock intercooler. Is this just the weather? Is it my stock intercooler? Could my clutch be slipping without flashing the tach? Am i just getting used to it? :shrug:

Yes its the weather and you are getting use to it. Also the 2.2 produces a good amount of heat which doesn't help. I would also suggest changing the intercoolerbut thats just my .02

carguy929

Established Member
I just upgraded to a Whipple 2.3L 2 weeks ago. I was kinda thinking the heat was killing me lately until I wacked a Viper today.

Like others have said heat and get a dual pass HE

lilcoop03

Established Member
I just upgraded to a Whipple 2.3L 2 weeks ago. I was kinda thinking the heat was killing me lately until I wacked a Viper today.

Like others have said heat and get a dual pass HE

^^gotta love this lol

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Skip the dual pass and get the killer chiller. With the temps you are driving in you will need it.

Jefe

Established Member
Tested the battery? Mine felt down on power and I thought it was the weather. Monday it was dead. Feels so much better now

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

All of the above.(except for the clutch comment, you would see the tach flash):bored::shrug::beer:

Any belt dust accumulating around the upper pulley area?:shrug:
That would be evidence of belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread