Tune and fan speed temps

FATlaws

Established Member
So I just got my car tuned and then had my cooling fan go out. I called American Muscle to talk to them about their OEM replacement, which I was told by their rep is exactly like the OEM fan and has high and low settings. Well I installed it and it doesn't come on until 204 which seems really high. Can I change the fan settings without changing my tune in my sct device(never used it other than for handing to my tuner)? And how do I check the fan has high and low settings because I think it may have been informed incorrectly?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So I just got my car tuned and then had my cooling fan go out. I called American Muscle to talk to them about their OEM replacement, which I was told by their rep is exactly like the OEM fan and has high and low settings. Well I installed it and it doesn't come on until 204 which seems really high. Can I change the fan settings without changing my tune in my sct device(never used it other than for handing to my tuner)? And how do I check the fan has high and low settings because I think it may have been informed incorrectly?

No.

The fan settings are software, not hardware.

They are programmed into your tune. If you have a hand held flash tuner, chances are you can go in and change just your fan settings without affecting your tune.

Though technically speaking your fan settings are a part of your tune, and can be changed by your tuner if he wants to or if you ask him to.

FATlaws

Established Member
Alright thanks, I was just worried about changing them myself, but I got in contact with the tuner and I'm having them work on it and send me a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread