Killer Chiller Gen 3 with Drag Kit install complete (with pics)

weaselp1

Established Member
Today I installed the killer chiller GEN 3 with the drag pack. I spent about 2 hours Friday night tearing everything out and about 6 hours today installing everything. I also insulated the cold AC lines (per recommendations) I am going to recharge the AC tomorrow; It will be interesting to see what the IC temps are when I am using in cabin AC vs switching off the in cabin AC (drag kit upgrade) I decided not to do the bybass of the HE right now; I want to see what my IC temps are before I add the bypass when using the drag kit.

Here are some pics; enjoy!

Accumulator removed for install of new one (drag pack upgrade)
DSC00243_zps70e3feb4.jpg

Evap to condenser line removed:
DSC00242_zps2c3e7a62.jpg

Killer Chiller Chilling :) (notice the TVX fitting - it is a new upgrade to the drag kit)
DSC00253_zpsfaa9fd7b.jpg

Killer Chiller Mocked up:
DSC00251_zps5d494380.jpg

Killer Chiller with lines:
DSC00257_zpsd44343b0.jpg

New Accumulator installed with all lines connected; (going clean that grease up with steam cleaner after AC recharged and everything confirmed working)
DSC00264_zpsf07b5e71.jpg

T fitting installed: (part of the drag kit upgrade)
DSC00268_zpsb80f9f54.jpg

Solenoid installed and wired in passenger inner fender (drag kit upgrade)
DSC00276_zps0bafb3ed.jpg

Hoses:
DSC00270_zpsac7a7239.jpg

Switch to activate solenoid for In cabin AC on and off:
DSC00280_zps0f4710af.jpg

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Looking real good bud thanks for the pics. What's the advantage of using the new upgraded drag kit vs regular gen 3 kit?

weaselp1

Established Member
Looking real good bud thanks for the pics. What's the advantage of using the new upgraded drag kit vs regular gen 3 kit?

The drag kit is a upgrade and it is installed along with the gen 3 killer chiller. It allows you to turn off the in cabin cooling and have all the ac cooling capabilities focus on the intercooler fluid. It is handy for the the track BC it doesn't leak fluid and its handy for Wisconsin spring and fall when I don't want to use the ac in cabin but still chill ic fluid.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I didn't see any insulation. All of those IC lines should be done at a minimum. I wouldn't know a TVX fitting from duct tape. What is it and what does it do?

weaselp1

Established Member
I insulated the 2 ac lines in the engine bay so far (didn't post pics of that) and I am insulating the rest of the lines today :) the tvx valve is new on the drag kit and replaces the expansion bkock part of the drag kit. With the tvx valve, it is a easier install and it is supposed to be more effective than the expansion block. As to how much more effective I am not sure; I need to take temps and let Joe know for comparison. I am one of the first cobra owners to install the tvx valve on the drag kit instead of the expansion block and Joe used my cobra as a test subject.

Last edited:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Digging mine! On the dyno, my IAT2's were 100* at the beginning of the pulls, 114* at the end!

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I found a larger IC tank is necessary to keep IAT2's from creeping up at the end of a dyno pull or end of a 1/4 mile run. The factory tank IMO doesnt have enough volume/capacity to sustain the length of time were asking of the system. After switching to a larger tank, my temps stay relatively steady from start to finish until the throttle is closed, thats when I see a spike in the range 105-115*

Tractionless1

Established Member
I insulated the 2 ac lines in the engine bay so far (didn't post pics of that) and I am insulating the rest of the lines today :) the tvx valve is new on the drag kit and replaces the expansion bkock part of the drag kit. With the tvx valve, it is a easier install and it is supposed to be more effective than the expansion block. As to how much more effective I am not sure; I need to take temps and let Joe know for comparison. I am one of the first cobra owners to install the tvx valve on the drag kit instead of the expansion block and Joe used my cobra as a test subject.

10-4 the expansion block is a large nuisance. Joe sent me one along with the latest lines before the TVX fitting revision was available. I sent it all back and kept only the core. I installed it with the gen2 lines and feel it's the cleanest install there is for the KC without a drag kit.

Line off the firewall and line off the condenser to the KC and thats it. All those manifolds, expansion blocks etc. are a pain in the rear, take up more space under the hood, and the results I'm seeing from the drag kits are on par with mine, or even a touch less efficient.

weaselp1

Established Member
I found a larger IC tank is necessary to keep IAT2's from creeping up at the end of a dyno pull or end of a 1/4 mile run. The factory tank IMO doesnt have enough volume/capacity to sustain the length of time were asking of the system. After switching to a larger tank, my temps stay relatively steady from start to finish until the throttle is closed, thats when I see a spike in the range 105-115*

Good to know - a larger IC tank is on my winter mod list - probably a purchase over black Friday or Xmas.

Thanks for all the pic!

Your welcome!

10-4 the expansion block is a large nuisance. Joe sent me one along with the latest lines before the TVX fitting revision was available. I sent it all back and kept only the core. I installed it with the gen2 lines and feel it's the cleanest install there is for the KC without a drag kit.

Line off the firewall and line off the condenser to the KC and thats it. All those manifolds, expansion blocks etc. are a pain in the rear, take up more space under the hood, and the results I'm seeing from the drag kits are on par with mine, or even a touch less efficient.

That is awesome you have such great results. The TVX fitting is a super clean install now; I wasn't going to get the drag kit, but Joe coaxed me into it :) (Joe's customer service is amazing btw) I am waiting for an adapter for my AC pump so I can pull a vacuum (should arrive tomorrow) My plan is to have the AC recharged by the weekend so I can go log some temps.

SVT Hess

THE 3ND
Established Member
I installed the Gen 3 drag kit with the expansion block, I got lines going everywhere lol. Gonna have to give Joe a call about the TVX fitting, that would make a much cleaner install since I installed a 3 way ball valve as well.

Users who are viewing this thread