FS - 03 Cobra - 20K Miles - 600 HP Whipple - Great Deal

03Termy600HP

Established Member
Hey guys, I have had my Cobra over on ebay for a few weeks, with several serious buyers and no results... I just took another $500 off the price. I thought I would try it on this forum and see how my luck goes. Here is a link to the newest listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130292463046

Below is the detail from the listing, and there are several pictures on ebay. Please no low ball offers, My reserve is set at $20,000 and that is my bottom dollar:

I need to sell the Cobra so I can purchase a bigger house. The car has 20,688 miles. Never been wrecked, clear title. I bought the car completely stock from a dealership in Warsaw Indiana. It had 17,000 miles on it when I bought it. It was lightly modded up 19,000 miles before I did the suspension and whipple. It still maintains radio, air bags, air conditioning, heater, cruiz, etc… It has the best of everything and is very well put together.

The car is tuned my Ken at Modular Depot in Cincy. For all the mods it has, it has only seen the track 5 times. Once when I bought it when it was completely stock, once after I had all the basics (pulley, tune, CAI, exhaust), WFC 10, Norwalk earlier this spring when I got the whipple, cage, suspension and finally late this summer.

The car doesn’t see rain or snow. It is kept in heated garage under my house.

The car runs 10.80/10.70 in mild weather with1.5X 60’ and 128 mph trap speeds. I would guess it has a 10.6X in it with a really nice and chilly fall day, good driver and good traction. It sees about 16-17lbs of boost with mild timing. It put down 580 RWHP.

Engine/Performance
- Ford Racing 2.3L Whipple Supercharger stock T/B
- 12” Big Boost RAI
- Billet Flow 4 Piece Idler Kit
- Whipple 3.0 Upper Pulley
- NGK TR6 Plugs
- SCT Xcal 2 (Tuning my MD)
- AFCO Extreme Series Heat Exchanger
- 60 lb Injectors with Harness
- Diablo Sport Mafia
- KB Boost A Pump
- Boost A Pump Wiring Upgrade
- LDC/Even Flow Combination Head Cooling Mod
- PPRV Removed with Fuel Hose Upgrade and Wiring Upgrade to Cobra Fuel Pumps
- Stainless Works Full Length Headers with 3” Collector
- Custom 3” Stainless Steel Off-road X-pipe
- JBA 3” Mufflers with Dumps
- EGR Delete
- Optimum Yellow Top Batery
- Taylor Battery Box with Trunk Mounted Push/Pull Switch
- Meizure Water Pump (Intercooler Water Pump)
- 4 Gallon Ice Box (Trunk Mounted)

Suspension/Chassis
- UPR Chrome Moly K-Member kit with A-Arms and Coilovers, Eibach Springs
- UPR Pro Series Rear Suspension Kit (Chrome-moly Adjustable Race Lower arms, Chrome-moly double adjustable race upper arms, Chrome-moly Anti-Roll bar with bearings, 7075 Billet Spherical housing bushing kit)
- Fully Built 8.8 Solid Axle (Mosier straightened and welded tubes, 9” Bearing Ends, 35 Spline Axles, 373 Gears, Spool, Differential Girdle, GT Rotors, Moser Heavy Duty Pinion Yoke)
- Welded Torque Boxes
- CHE 8.8 T/S Heavey Duty Axle Brace
- Strange 10 Way adjustable struts front and Rear
- Metco Driveshaft Loop
- Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
- UPR Shark Caster Camber Plates

Interior
- S&W Race Cars 8 pt Roll Cage with Swingouts
- MMR Rear Seat Delete
- Kirky Racing Seats
- Corbeau Drivers and Passenger Side Adj Seat Brackets
- RJS 5-way Harness (Passenger and Driver side)
- Hilton Boost Overlay
- Raptor Shift Light
- Intercooler Switch for Meizuer Pump
- Chrome Fire Extinguisher

Transmission
- MGW Short Throw Shifter with UPR Pistol Grip Knob
- Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft
- Spec 3+ Clutch and Pressure Plate
- Spec Aluminum Flywheel
- Mcleod Throwout Bearing Retainer Tube
- Royal Purple ATS Synthetic Transmission Fluid
- UPR Triple Hook Quadrant and Fire Wall Adjuster

Wheels/Tires
- Weld Racing Drag Lite 15 X 10 with 6.5 BS
- MT 325/50 R15 Drag Radials
- Weld Racing Drag Lite 15 X 4 with 2.25 BS
- MT Sportsman Front Tires, 28 x 7.5-15
- 1” Front Spacers (Ground Front Calipers)

MISC Stock Parts, Take them if you want them: (Stock Input Shaft, Pulley Guard, Idler Pulleys, EGR Valve, Stock Shifter, Stock Springs, Underhood Insulation, Stock Rear Seat Brace, 1 New MT 325/50 R15 Drag Radial with a gouge in the Tread, etc….

Video:

2003 Mustang Cobra- Video

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
couple questions. what are all the switches in the console for and the arming switch...looks like 6 all together. how much does the car weigh. are the upr pro lower control arms the one with the sway bar mounts

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Car seems to good to be true? ANything wrong with it? Ive seen bone stock cobras with that many miles go for more then 20k

03Termy600HP

Established Member
I'm located 50 miles East of Indianapolis, right off I-70.

The Car weighed 3350 or 3450 at WFC... I can't remember now.

There are 4 switches on the shifter bezel and one switch where the coin holder used to be. 5 all together. The switches WERE... Nitrous Arming, Bottle Warmer, Data Logging, Meizure Intercooler Pump, and Nitrous Purge. Only switch that is hooked up currently is for the Meizure Intercooler Pump.

I had a dry nitrous kit installed on the car. I sprayed it once on the dyno, but I had a bad connection between one of my relay's from the DJWBC to the Nitrous Solenoids. It wasn't getting a clean signal and was turning the solenoids on and off intermitently. Never got a clean pull. I wanted the nitrous setup really safe, so I was using a TP, Window Switch and A/F condition in order for the nitrous to come on. I should have just went with a simplier setup, like just a wide open throttle switch. I took the wideband and nitrous stuff out of the car to re-wire it, but never got a chance to do it.

I have both the Dry kit (minus the bottle warmer) and the DJWBC that I can throw in as part of the deal.... (if anyone is interested). I also have a 15 gallon drum of Motorsport 109 that is still sealed. I never used it, since I pulled the nitrous stuff out of the car. If someone wants the car without that DJWBC and Dry kit, I will probably put a new shifter bezel in the car without all the extra switches.

The UPR Pro Lowers do not have a sway bar attachment that I remember. I have the complete UPR PRO kit that comes with the Anti-Roll bar.

As far as the deal being "to good to be true"... that is what I thought 6 weeks ago. I had the car listed for $22,500 and thought it would sell right away despite the economy... well here I am 6 weeks later. Several people said that wanted it, but couldn't come up with the money. I know a lot of my ebay questions were, "Do you have the stock seats and stock wheels?"... Maybe the car is just too much towards the track and not enough daily driver. For the price I figured anyone could always put stock seats back in it and put a different set of wheels/tires on the car, if that is what they really wanted. I just figured the buyer would be someone who is going to turn the boost way up and go run some 9's. The chassis is very nicely done for fast track times.

As far as bone stock Cobra's going for more then $20K..... I have not seen any stock Cobra's sellling for $20K on ebay, if they are, then don't tell me otherwise... I don't need anymore salt poured in my wounds.

03Termy600HP

Established Member
Here are some pics of the Nitrous kit, DJWBC and the UPR lower control arms.

100_0317-1.jpg

100_0321.jpg

cobraBuild004.jpg

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

03Termy600HP

Established Member
Yes, tranny abnd drivetrain is good to go. The rearend is pretty much in-destructable and the tranny has all the best upgrades. No expense spared.

03Termy600HP

Established Member
I have a couple guys very interested... but I can't believe that I a 20K mile cobra with $40K invested doesn't get jumped on for $20K..... Wish I could keep it... These are sad times....

davidbcasey

Established Member
Shoot me an email at [email protected] as I am interested. Only problem is I would have to fly up there and drive the car back to Florida. Not sure I want to drive with the current wheels and tires that distance.

Users who are viewing this thread