WTS: 04 Torch Red Whippled Cobra

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
***Bumping/editing the old thread, I told myself I would keep the car atleast until winter/spring but I want something nicer to drive around more and more. I've found a CTS-V I want to purchase locally so NO TRADES please. I will try to get some detailed pics of the interior and such taken this week, ill also make an appointment to have the car detailed, and its coming up on 3000 miles so ill change the oil (amsoil), and it will be ready to go to a new owner. the car also has new front brakes, and SS braided lines all the way around, the rears are hawk HPS pads and baer rotors that still have way over 50% life that the previous owner installed, and the new fronts consist of powerslot rotors, hawk HPS pads, and the lines were purchased either from lethal, or dagostino dont remember the brand.***

price stays the same at $22.5 FIRM and now includes a fresh detailing, new front brakes and SS lines.

selling my 04 torch red cobra

Car is a 04 Cobra Coupe Torch red. has approx. 28,7XX miles on it.

The bad: both of the door panels have peeled up a little, i noticed today (9/28/09) when i went out to take some interior pictures that the passenger one did the same thing, i took the car up the street to a very reputable interior shop and they said both of they could be fixed for about $150.

i went back in my paperwork that i have on the car. the car has been through a few owners, but i know every one and am personal friends with them all. the car was BONE STOCK until 17K miles and a UPR O/R X, the magnaflow catback that is still on it, and UPR cold air intake elbow was added at that point. when another friend bought the car (the guy i bought it from) we swapped the UPR O/R X out for a bassani catted X, and we added a MGW shifter. he put a few thousand miles on it, pretty much sat in his garage, and i had sold my 04 cobra in may of 07 and wanted another one very bad so i bought this car on august 17th 2007 with just over 23K miles on the clock, and began modding it.

the car has been involved in one VERY MINOR accident. i had an idiot come into my lane and side swipe me. it messed up the side scoop, and jsut put a very small dent between the side scoop and the wheel well very low on the body. the repair was done by artisan auto body in manasass who came VERY highly recommended by excessive motorsports. there was no structural damage done to the car what so ever, jsut the side scoop messed up, and the dent. the repair was only $700 so that should tell you how small the damage was. and you absolutely cannot tell it was ever hit, even were he blended it in, you cannot tell, it looks great.

the other bad, there is a tear at the top of the driver side door panel kinda near the tweeter that was there when i got it, nothing major IMO, and then the driver side plastic inner fender rubs the tire sometimes when turned very sharp or on a incline because of how low it is.

the car has a few stickers on it which are easily removed if the buyer doesnt want them. it has a mischief.tv windshield banner, mischief head decals in each rear 1/4 window, a larue tactical "god bless our troops... especially our snipers" sticker in the driver side 1/4 window, a white shocker sticker on the driver side corner of the front bumper, a pink blowup doll sticker from shockerstickers.com on the hood, a small peeping pedobear sticker on the windshield on the passenger side, a whipple superchargers sticker centered at the bottom of the rear window, and then a svtperformance.com sticker right above it.

car was tuned by [email protected] 589RWHP and 572RWTQ letting off at 6000RPM on a 90 degree day.

there is alot done to this car, and im sure ill miss a few things.

MODS

engine:

.020 over bottom end with CP pistons
Whipple 2.3L 140AX with RR 3.0 non slip pulley, and whipple 3.5 pulley
Billetflow single blade TB black ingraved whipple
JLT RAI painted torch red
SCT BA2800 MAF
Billetflow 4 peice idler set
LFP dual pass HE
LDC cooling mods
MAC ceramic coated longtubes
Lethal perf O/R X
Magnaflow catback

drivetrain:

spec stage 4 26 spline clutch
liberty 26 spline input shaft
lethal perf TOB retainer sleeve
ford OEM TOB
MGW orange handle shifter
BF IRS brace
DSS chromoly level 5 halfshafts

fuel:

siemens deka 60LBS injectors with harnesses
stage 2 modified FPDM
FPDM wire upgrade
PPRV delete
twin FGT pumps

Suspension:

UPR tubular kmember/coilover kit with 12" 250LBS springs
Maximum Motorsport CC plates

Visual/interiot/other:

OEM 17X9 chromies in the front SLIGHT curb rash on drivers side
17X10.5" replica's in the back (not even 100 miles on them)
Falken FK452 275/40/17 tires up front (1500 miles)
Mickey thompson 295/45/17 ET street radials in the back. BRAND NEW
VIS racing carbon fiber cobra R hood. BRAND NEW. (still needs to be aligned)
sparco hoodpins (not installed yet)
SS inserts in back
sparco torino 2 seats inside.
IRONTERP rear seat delete (no rear seat comes with the car, they are easy enough to find though for about $300, the nuts and bolts for the rear seat does come with the car)

it runs and drives great. i DONT have a back seat for the car, and it doesnt come with any stock parts. the trunk mat, spare, jack currently isnt in the car, but i still have them and they will go to the buyer.

as you can see i have almost $18000 worth of parts in it. it has gone a best of a 10.61 FULL WEIGHT, PUMP GAS on slicks, on the old tune. with the new tune, and 200LBS of weight reduction it should be capable of another .2-.3 off that if you can drive.

my price is $22,500 FIRM

the car has a lein on it with capital one auto finance. they are very easy to deal with though, ive sold 2 other cobra's i had financed through them without a problem. they release the title with DMV in richmond the within a few days of receiving payment, and the title is to me a couple days after that ready to sign over.

added more pics to the add 9/28/09, also see page two of the add for some more pictures. some of the pics show it with the old hood those are to show the engine bay as it hasnt changed, some of the pictures also dont show it with the stickers which im half way tempted to remove them all anyway.

DSC_7016.jpg

2008_11070017.jpg

2008_11070018.jpg

2008_11070019.jpg

2008_11070026.jpg

2008_11070027.jpg

2008_11070028.jpg

l_ad0e30ae075157f04bd3ae47700183f4.jpg

l_4666ab04a127a4b49425c6dbe4063006.jpg

l_278b072523adda888e4759300e253f9e.jpg

l_93f8c7fbeadbe36925b8e3472ef88fa2.jpg

l_d5efa6fe72fda0d368b4a25289e14e76.jpg

l_87d1881a88afe26ec1d050af5e2ac3ec.jpg

DSCF0190.gif

DSCF0196.gif

DSCF0197.gif

DSCF0198.gif

DSCF0200.gif

DSCF0201.gif

DSCF0191.gif

DSCF0192.gif

DSCF0195.gif

DSCF0193.gif

DSCF0187.gif

DSCF0188.gif

DSCF0189.gif

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
thanks for the comments guys. yes this car is a very good deal. i listed it up for a VERY good price which is a hair above what is owed so i can get it sold and pick up a CTS-V. i dont want it to sit for sale for a long time to squeeze every penny out of it, because if i do it will be jsut like the past and ill change my mind 20 times about selling it. i need a practical car that is still fun to drive, and now is the time to do it.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Very nice car! Someone's gonna get a steal of a deal! Sorry to hear you have to get rid of it, but a CTS-V is a nice replacement.

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
Sweet ride!

I really think you are missing the boat with not allowing transport and out of state buyers. Most buyers on this type of car is going to be out of state.

I would reconsider. It also makes people wonder what is up with the car IMO.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
theres nothing wrong with the car, i just like doing stuff like this face to face. if people have a problem with that then this obviously isnt the car for them.

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
theres nothing wrong with the car, i just like doing stuff like this face to face. if people have a problem with that then this obviously isnt the car for them.

Just a suggestion bro. Not meant to hijack or be negative. Meant to help.

I have done a lot of dealings over the net.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
sorry dont have any more current pictures and with the weather probably wont be able to get any until this weekend.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
yes its drilled to the bumper, was that way when i got it?

what kind of pictures do people want to see? going ot work on getting everything this weekend. ive got more pictures of the engine bay, they;re old but it doesnt matter as nothing in it has changed, ive got some current pics of the rear of the car. guess the only thing i dont have is interior pics. ill try to get them this weekend. ill be sure to take a picture of the tear in the door panel too, and a pic of everything that comes with the car (interiorparts, spare, jack, few stock parts i have).

another thing, i know some people are not going to like the no back seat thing, so ill try to find a RCD to slap in it for you so you dont have to have a big hole going back the the trunk, but i cant make any promises.

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
yes its drilled to the bumper, was that way when i got it?

what kind of pictures do people want to see? going ot work on getting everything this weekend. ive got more pictures of the engine bay, they;re old but it doesnt matter as nothing in it has changed, ive got some current pics of the rear of the car. guess the only thing i dont have is interior pics. ill try to get them this weekend. ill be sure to take a picture of the tear in the door panel too, and a pic of everything that comes with the car (interiorparts, spare, jack, few stock parts i have).

another thing, i know some people are not going to like the no back seat thing, so ill try to find a RCD to slap in it for you so you dont have to have a big hole going back the the trunk, but i cant make any promises.

bump for a great deal!! too bad i didn't know you'd be needing a rsd, i just sold mine...lol gl with the sale man!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread