FS or Trade: Silver Metallic 03 Cobra... Built motor, lots of goodies in Houston, TX!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Well guys,
I am still considering selling/trading the cobra. I love the car... just looking at my options and im kind of interested in going with a different color termi since my last 3 cars have been silver metallic. Love the color, just want to try something different. For trade, Im looking for a nice CTS-V, C5 Z06 or another 03/04 cobra! If I trade for another cobra, i want BLACK or SONIC BLUE as my first choice but TORCH RED or COMP ORANGE are interests of mine as well. Here are the details on my car...

2003 Silver Metallic Cobra

-43k miles on body/ 3500 miles on motor (Built by QuarterMile Solutions)

-Windsor block .20 over

-Dished JE pistons (4 valve reliefs)

-Manley H-beam rods

-Stock cobra crank (All rotating parts balanced)

-Stock eaton w/ 2.8# upper / 4# lower / 3.2" Idler

-04 cobra heads ported and polished. The intake/exhaust runners were ported as well as the chambers to approx 60cc's with big boost in the future plans. No corners were cut. This setup can hold some major BOOST to make BIG POWER!!

-Cool mod installed on heads at time of build

-New valves/retainers

-ARP head studs

-Canton 7Qt oil pan w/ windage tray

-LFP dual pass heat exchanger (no stencil)

-Fidenza billet flywheel

-Ram clutch (Clutch, bearing retainer, throwout bearing, pressure plate and flywheel are all brand new)

-Steel bearing retainer on trans (10 spline)

-Pro5.0 short throw shifter

-Welded MM subframe connectors

-Tuned w/ SCT XCAL3 by Patrick @ PSI Motorsports (tuner included). Dyno'd 448RWHP / 496TQ. Numbers are low due to the conservative tuning. Would be a MONSTER with a KB or the big Whipple!

-Stock chrome 17x9 cobra wheels

-NGK TR6 plugs

-Billetflow IRS brace (Not yet installed)

-Bassani O/R X-pipe

-Bassani stainless catback w/ 4" tips including baffles and borla stingers to bolt in

-Kenwood DNX 7100 double din navigation system w/ ipod hookup, 1000w diamond audio amp and 2 phoenix gold 10" subs in a box.

-Aftermarket cobra floormats (I have originals)

-Chrome cobra inserts on rear bumper

-BBK Cold air intake (Included but not installed)

-Limo tinted windows

-Clifford alarm w/ carbon fiber LCD pager remote

-UPR Billet shifter bezzle

-UPR Billet e-brake handle (not yet installed)

-Im sure im forgetting some things but that covers most of them...

The mileage on the car when the new motor was fired for the first time after the build was 39,846 miles. The oil has been changed 4 times already. Once at 100 miles, 300 miles, 1000 miles and just changed again at 2200 miles with mobil 1 5w30. The interior is in excellent shape! Shows very minor wear on the drivers side bolster from sliding in and out like every cobra but thats it.

The Bad:
1 small flaw on the exterior...
- Some small scratches on the rear bumper by the A in cobra where it looks like the previous owner might have lightly bumped a sign backing up or something. Hardly noticable unless your right up on it and i was quoted $100 to fix it. Pics included in my photobucket.

I prefer to be completely honest about any flaws the car has in order to give those interested an accurate description of the vehicle up front so noones time is wasted.

I am in no rush to sell it so i wont give it away. Simply guaging interest and looking at my options. I have reciepts for EVERYTHING done on this car!

Asking $22,000.00 to sell it outright.

Thanks!!

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/Neversatisfied02/2003 Cobra/?start=all

BTW, I am putting some 18x10, 18x9 Chrome Deep Dish FR500's on it this week with some brand new 315/30/18 Mickey Thompson DR's and 275/40/18 Kumhos up front. Im also buying a set of H&R SS springs to lower it with stock isos, prob some MM Caster/camber plates as well and ill be doing the brake pads and possibly rotors at the same time. I have alot of other plans for the car. If i get too far into it, ill def keep it. Price is firm as a rock considering what the car already has along with me still spending money on it.

Last edited:

m3killer

Established Member
Very nice car and an EXCELLENT price, could you post pictures with the new wheels and suspension

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Any other offers before i decide to keep it and put some money into the suspension?

Ill post pics of it on the staggered chrome 18" deep dish FR500's with the 315/30/18 mickeys out back...

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
New pics with the new wheels will be up asap. Been busy with work but i should get a chance to take some tomorrow...

Got a guy wanting to trade chrome 18" staggered saleens for my FR's so i might do it. Also going to swap the bassani for a stinger catback...

wazvette

Established Member
When are we going to see pics Taylor:) ... Too much teasing here...I might just decide to stop looking for a KB or Whipple cobra...your car sounds very nice.

For whatever its worth, I talked to Taylor in the past and he sounded like an honest guy with an itch for a new car every month lol.

If I dont find the KB cobra that I am looking for I will definitely snatch this in a heart beat. Its priced well also.

Goodluck my friend:beer:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
When are we going to see pics Taylor:) ... Too much teasing here...I might just decide to stop looking for a KB or Whipple cobra...your car sounds very nice.

For whatever its worth, I talked to Taylor in the past and he sounded like an honest guy with an itch for a new car every month lol.

If I dont find the KB cobra that I am looking for I will definitely snatch this in a heart beat. Its priced well also.

Goodluck my friend:beer:

I planned to get some pics today but i was called into work. :kaboom: lol

The car is very clean! Honestly, ive been back and forth a million times on whether to just keep it or sell it and was honestly gearing up towards keeping it and modding it even though ive still been bumping this ad. Grass always looks greener on the other side for some reason so yes, im simply itching to try something new again which im really hoping i dont regret! lol Thanks for the compliment wazvette! :beer:

As for the car.....

Along with the new staggered 18" FR500 wheels/tires i recently installed, I'm in the process of selling my bassani catback to pick up a borla stinger system for it this week and im also buying some H&R sport coils for it tomorrow. The car will be lowered on the new wheels/tires with the new exhaust installed very soon (most likely by next week) and ill be doing the brake pads while im at it and installing the BF IRS brace i have sitting in the garage too. Ill prob also order a pair of the 5/8" or 3/4" spacers and longer studs to get the 10" rear wheels right at the lip of the fender.

Only pics i have are on my cell phone from the day we installed the new wheels/tires. It was raining so pics arent great but i can send those to anyone interested in seeing it with the new wheels. Just shoot me a text and ill send them over... 832-298-0768.

Ill load some good pics as soon as i get a chance though! :beer:

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
bump...

Willing to trade down if i like what you have and if your willing to pay the difference. Im going back to school and working less now so i am considering selling the car and getting something with a cheaper note until im finished with school.

SETTLED

Established Member
If your interested in a True Street Foxbody or Backhalf Race car check the other mustangs for sale section. I have both of my cars listed. Either one is a 8 second 1/4 mile car.

Users who are viewing this thread