Established Member
FS/FT - 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Vert. - 24k Miles - NC

* Name: Eric
* Means of Contact: pm or [email protected]

* Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
* Miles: Only 24,xxx
* Price: 23,500
* Title: Salvage or Clear? Clear

WTT: Would also be interested in a diesel 4x4 truck or maybe even a SVT Focus (Would like to have a cheap road course car). pm me, post here, or email.

FYI - This cobra has been babied. Never been to any track, well it's been to tracks however only for spectating. hehe. Never any burnouts, I hardly get on it when I do drive it. It's mint. No smoke, leaks, no stories. Not 100% on selling it but thought I may throw it up as I'm going to be a first time home buyer soon and could definitely benefit from less debt.

- Engine:

Ported blower stage 5 by steig
Ported, and polished accufab throttle body and plenum to match port on the blower
Bassani cat-back exhaust
UPR Off road x-pipe (no cats)
steeda straight shot cold air intake with aluminum shield from MMR
2.8 upper pulley and 4 lower
3 piece idler pulley kit
harmonic balancer (helps keep rpms up longer for better boost response)
Xcal3
UPR Billet Tensioner
Optima red top battery
NGK plugs
Kenne bell boost-a-spark (hidden in engine bay)

Transmission:

Stock tranny w/ spec stage 3 clutch (2k miles on it about) good to 650rwhp
Resurfaced flywheel
New throwout bearing
steeda short throw tri-ax shifter with extended arm from upr

Cooling:

Fluidyne heat exchanger
Meziere electric water pump

Fuel: good to 550-600rwhp

Siemens 60lb injectors
Kenne bell boost-a-pump set @ max and hidden in trunk compartment

- Interior:

Kirkey aluminum drags w/ black covers and padding (pretty damn comfortable)
I had to have custom brackets made for these seats which cost me $150 a bracket, as of now its sitting in position for someone about 6ft or taller, but can be moved up to an inch up for someone shorter... the brackets are welded to frame with the subframes so basically they arent going anywhere and nor are you...

- Exterior:

Hankooks are in front (new tires for put on for me when i bought the car)
Nitto 555rs in the back... 315's... look pretty sick and stick well about 85%tread left

- Stereo & Nav:

XM Satellite radio will come with it.

- Suspension:

Eibach sport kit springs
Tokico adjustable shocks and struts (have the key to adjust by hand for track/street)
Maximum motorsports full length welded subframe connectors
Maximum motorsports caster camber plates
Maximum motorsports bushings
bumpsteer kit

Safety:

Maximum motorsports 6point cage w/ swing out bars, diagonal brace, and welded harness bars (had it powdercoated black)
Crow harnesses

Exterior show:

Polished chrome gas door
Polished chrome cobra letter inserts on rear bumper

The Good: Its a 2004 cobra convertible... black on black with a black top... it is build number #1478 of a build of 1896 and was born on 03/03/2004... I have about 19-21k invested into the car, but here is a list... bear with me a lot is done so i will forget things...

Just over 24k miles on the clock and only about 3000miles on all performance stuff... made 522rwhp 504 rwtq... no mechanical problems, car is complete, not missing a thing, its clean, minor street scuffs... there is a small patch of paint missing on the rear bumper in the center...

The Bad: dont ask me how it happened cause I could not say... , might of happened in a parking lot or something, just a small patch of paint missing... been told $200 to fix it, but never got around to it...Front license plate was removed... other than that there is NOTHING wrong with this car..

IMG_9214.jpg

4149492646_807d8aff45_o.jpg

3868208357_7cb6fb2340_o.jpg

3868945424_ab0bd3868d_o.jpg

20090818-IMG_9050.jpg

20090818-IMG_9045.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

Cobra3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

-Eric

Last edited:

SneakySnake23

Representing Winnipeg Mb
Established Member
Curious, why a rollbar if the car isn't used for drag racing or autoX? Seems odd to me especially with the car being a convertible because most people hate the look of them, and only put them in if they are forced.

CivicBeater

Established Member
Curious, why a rollbar if the car isn't used for drag racing or autoX? Seems odd to me especially with the car being a convertible because most people hate the look of them, and only put them in if they are forced.

Safety. It's all personal preference, to me the kirkeys/cage looks very bad-ass in person. Others seem to think so as well as I always get compliments wherever I go. Why do people put aftermarket suspension on their cars if it never goes to the track? This car is definitely set-up to do a lot of things, however it's been a mall-cruiser it's whole life.

Thanks for looking

-Eric

CivicBeater

Established Member
Motor pics?

How about a video of it on the rollers getting tuned? p.s. The rear bumper is dirty in the vid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsQbhR2cXLE"]YouTube- Fastlane Motosports - 03 Cobra - Stage V Ported Eaton - Eric Norris aka: Dr. Swirl[/ame]

Zeekmann

Established Member
good luck with the sale, do the new wheels come with it!! Don't sell it before the shoot on the 23rd:)

CivicBeater

Established Member
good luck with the sale, do the new wheels come with it!! Don't sell it before the shoot on the 23rd:)

Thanks guys. The seller of those deep dish 10th anniversarys decided not to sell them. I HIGHLY doubt it will sell prior to the meet on the 23rd, but you never know. All it takes is the right buyer.

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member

Wow, I actually thought you were joking at first! lol I have always loved verts but only with a cage or at least a light bar. They look so badaxx with the top down and the cage showing. Most everyone I have ever talked to seemed to agree with me. But to each his own. Car looks great by the way, good luck with sale.

SneakySnake23

Representing Winnipeg Mb
Established Member
Wow, I actually thought you were joking at first! lol I have always loved verts but only with a cage or at least a light bar. They look so badaxx with the top down and the cage showing. Most everyone I have ever talked to seemed to agree with me. But to each his own. Car looks great by the way, good luck with sale.

Notice how I said "most people" don't like the look. I would never buy a vert in the first place, but I think its a cool look. I'm just not aware of many people that put cages in cars for their "personal" safety concerns, rather than NHRA/IHRA rules. It shows the owner took great care in modding the car GLWS.

spdfrk2

Awesome car! I completely agree with you on putting the cage in for safety. I have an 04 cobra vert and I plan on putting at least a 4pt cage in mine.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
With the talk of roll bars for safety, you guys should know that without the proper thick roll bar padding (not the cheap crap from Summit), your head will pop open like a watermelon when it hits the metal of the roll bar from side/forward/rear motion due to impact. Racers have helmets on...and padding on the bar. Running a cage on the street w/o padding is insane no matter the seat or harness. Really easy to add especially with as great a bar as this particular car comes with....nicest vert for sale in a while....wouldn't be surprised if it is gone before the 23rd.

Last edited:

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Damnnnn dude you too...Good Luck
Ill trade you my redfire coupe for your black vert lol!!!

jf4boogie

Established Member
Good luck with the sale man!!

Didn't you JUST get this thing off of here??? This is a clean one fellas...seen it in person.

CivicBeater

Established Member
Good luck with the sale man!!

Didn't you JUST get this thing off of here??? This is a clean one fellas...seen it in person.

Thanks brotha. :beer: I purchased it about 6 months ago. I've put about 1k miles on it since. I hate that it's so cold. This car just begs you to drop the top!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread