03 Cobra, 3.4 Whipple, built motor, Silver coupe, $19.5

fastcarjoe

Established Member
Check it out, no joy rides, haggling or any of that. This car is a beast but needs some TLC and a crusher to be truely insane. Caleb at Fastlane claimed 850 is possible with a crusher setup and current pulley config. Boost pegs30-31psi by 2800rpm but falls to 24psi by redline. Really needs a crusher and much bigger slicks than the Hoosier 335 DR's I have now. $19.5K because it does need some work. Great price people.

[ame="http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60058"]http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60058[/ame]

fastcarjoe

Established Member
19042 miles. Only difference between when it was originally listed for sale and now is I rubbed the paint off the front bumper cover backing out of my garage [bumper cover can be reused, just needs painting.] Otherwise, I really haven't driven it much at all and it looks pretty much the same as in the pics in the link above. I also converted from race gas to gas and water/methanol injection as well as added a boost guage that will read the 30-31 psi this car makes on the hit and had a catchcan setup installed by fastlane motorsports.

fastcarjoe

Established Member
This car may need a head when it comes down to it so, yes, a fully built Cobra for under 20k. Technically, the spark plug didn't "blow" out. My dumb%$$ stripped it out. The car has repeatedly seen 31 psi and lives. I hope someone out there understands what 31 psi at 6500 rpm with great flowing heads, cams, ceramic JBA headers, high flow cats, and dumps could potentially be. The car is insane right now. I can't even think what it would be like if someone fixed the hole and put a crusher on this thing. Dangerous seems like an appropriate word.
PS. I don't think you're going to find a deal like this anytime soon. I have had enough of this car. I traded my mint torch red 03 vert 10th anniversary I had since new plus 6 grand for this car and I am so frustrated, I just want it gone. Maybe she wasn't twin screwed, but I miss her. Going for a used VMAX once this sells. Easy and should still give me my adrenaline fix.

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
Sounds like a monster too bad it's not ready to go

itSSlow98

Established Member
This car may need a head when it comes down to it so, yes, a fully built Cobra for under 20k. Technically, the spark plug didn't "blow" out. My dumb%$$ stripped it out. The car has repeatedly seen 31 psi and lives. I hope someone out there understands what 31 psi at 6500 rpm with great flowing heads, cams, ceramic JBA headers, high flow cats, and dumps could potentially be. The car is insane right now. I can't even think what it would be like if someone fixed the hole and put a crusher on this thing. Dangerous seems like an appropriate word.
PS. I don't think you're going to find a deal like this anytime soon. I have had enough of this car. I traded my mint torch red 03 vert 10th anniversary I had since new plus 6 grand for this car and I am so frustrated, I just want it gone. Maybe she wasn't twin screwed, but I miss her. Going for a used VMAX once this sells. Easy and should still give me my adrenaline fix.

I appluad you for being honest, but there is no way in hell I would even consider this car for whats been said right here^^^^^^Might want to re-word it.

fastcarjoe

Established Member
I've got someone coming tonight guys. I don't think it's going to last long unless someone is willing to offer more than the 14k asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread