06-08 gt500 whats the stock boost?

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
i got a buddy with a 07 gt500 and wont go past 5 psi of boost is this normal? whats the stock boost reading & with a cold air what would be the boost increase if any? any help would be appriecated.

Alloy Snake

Established Member
My stock boost was in the 8s,+1psi for cold air,+4 for 2.6 pulley,+2 for 10% lower.At sealevel-The higher the altitude the lower the boost.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
its been very humid in the area would this contribute to the boost loss to 5lbs? its a bone stock 07 gt500 for the exception of a cai and tune for it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
stock is about 8.5-9PSI, but if the car has less than 50 starts or 100miles it wont boost more than 5PSI

Streetkiller

Established Member
I know when the car is new from the dealer it will not make any boost over 5lbs until the car is run a certain amount of miles or has been started over 50 times. This is to break in the car and stop the lot guys from thrashing the car at the dealership. If the car has miles on it and this is not the protection tune mode, it sounds like you have a problem.

mullens

Established Member
its been very humid in the area would this contribute to the boost loss to 5lbs? its a bone stock 07 gt500 for the exception of a cai and tune for it.
High humidity will result in slightly lower boost numbers, but not 5psi. I didn't think the tune could adjust boost. Learn something new every day.

Last edited:

TexasShelby

Established Member
humidity is not the culprit, it's actually a little blessing.
what will bring it down is altitude and temperture.
I'm in midland 2800'msl and at about 95* my boost is reduced from around 8psi to 6psi

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
humidity is not the culprit, it's actually a little blessing.
what will bring it down is altitude and temperture.
I'm in midland 2800'msl and at about 95* my boost is reduced from around 8psi to 6psi

with high iat2 temps timing will start getting pulled...........that's the killer

psucobra

Established Member
I have about 300 miles on my '09 and the last time I had it out I was seeing about 6lbs of boost. The elevation here in El Paso is around 3,700' above see level. Temps are ridiculous out here. Does that seem about right for boost? Funny thing is I would see about 5-6lbs on my '04 and as high as 7-8lbs in the winter.

TexasShelby

Established Member
I have about 300 miles on my '09 and the last time I had it out I was seeing about 6lbs of boost. The elevation here in El Paso is around 3,700' above see level. Temps are ridiculous out here. Does that seem about right for boost? Funny thing is I would see about 5-6lbs on my '04 and as high as 7-8lbs in the winter.

That would be about right under summer conditions or if it's been run hard.

Users who are viewing this thread