2013 Intercooler from FRPP

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
5.4L 4V PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER | Part Details for M-6775-MSVT* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

• Fits 2007-2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 5.4L and 5.8L 4V engine
  • Excellent upgrade for prior model GT500 and 5.4L Cobra Jet Mustangs
  • Less restriction and more efficient heat extraction than earlier model intercooler
  • Aluminum construction
  • Standard equipment on 2013 GT500
  • Includes supercharger and charge cooler gasket and o-rings

Looks like a great swap along with a TVS or a TS. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Dual fan?

I'm actually more interested in the intercooler pump (7gpm?) on the '13, having already invested in the C&R dual fan H/E.

That's some pretty good coin for an OEM unit.

**Edit** Wait a minute, we're talking about the intercooler that sits under the S/C and not the heat exchanger? Yeah, that would be interesting to know what specific improvements have been made in that dept.

Last edited:

- Aj -

Established Member
Probably the HE. Saw the price on that part about a month ago and thats right in line with it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This is the unit that resides underneath the supercharger.

m5lp-1203-35-2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Trinity-5-8-V8.jpg

Last edited:

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I think there will be a 2013 TVS FRPP upgrade for the 2011-2012 5.4L to go along with the intercooler.......Just watch, I bet im right. :)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What TOB said. :read:

More flow cooler charge, I'm in for one once I decided which blower to go with.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Interesting...getting ready to place a few orders soon and may add this to the TVS order depending on the price from Tousley. Thanks for posting.

Edit: Can't say I like seeing the made in China part....sigh

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I'm sure this is much better quality then the last company that tried to make a gt500 intercooler

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
No different than the top dog SVT PP wheels (or other wheel forgings from Ford). You'd be shocked if you saw the list of Chinese parts that adorn each and every Mustang that Ford sells.

There's two sides. One is that Ford is available to deliver a vehicle packed with content at competitive prices. The other is that we're losing jobs due to much lower labor costs abroad.

This is (MY) 2013 and I won't enter or support previous arguments of nationalism with respect to being competitive (ergo, no mention of unions and their inherent flaws). If the quality is there I can live with Chinese sourced parts, just as if they are made in Germany, Japan, or Liechtenstein for that matter.

As long as American business is going to be laden with unlimited litigation and regulation, companies will continue to leave. I don't blame them one bit. All you can do is give each and every part a thorough inspection prior to its use, regardless of country of origin.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
It would be nice to get solid data on efficiency % increase. I have no problem spending $ on efficient cooling upgrades.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I may but it will all come down timing.

Users who are viewing this thread