6.2 F-150 vs Ecoboost F150

19935.slow

Established Member
Perhaps the muffler and filter mod added midrange power not peak power, everyone quotes peak power but racing with a stock trans your not always sitting at peak power so midrange power gains are usually more benificial.

I agree adding better flowing filter and muffler is benifical, engine is an air pump, allow the air in and out with less restriction and the air pump is more efficient, more efficient = less power lost to pumping restriction = more power to the flywheel.

Even if the turbo is the largest restriction in the exhaust, a better flowing muffler is still going to help because of the pressure differential between the hot side pipe compared to downpipe, also free-er flowing post turbo will reduce backpressure and keep EGT's down, which can lead to a colder denser intake charge which will lean out the Air/Fuel ratio which will also make more power...

My dad said the same thing to me about an internal combustion engine when I was a kid and didn't forget it lol. Faster air goes in and out, the better. I agree with everything you have said.

laruei

Established Member
IMO - Give me a 2500HD Duramax Diesel, its great on gas and hauls ass plus can pull 18K :banana::banana:

PICT2105-2.jpg

That looks so freaking stupid IMO

I dont care if it is a good truck, that one doesnt look like it.. :pop:

laruei

Established Member
^Agree'd.

I have just never seen the point (medical issues aside) for lowering a perfectly capable truck. Any suspension travel you had is gone and your towing capacity while still in tact would not make for a comfortable ride once the suspension bottomed out...

Now if your truck has functional air bags that allow you to pump it back up that *high five* !

SVTORANGE

Established Member
^Agree'd.

I have just never seen the point (medical issues aside) for lowering a perfectly capable truck. Any suspension travel you had is gone and your towing capacity while still in tact would not make for a comfortable ride once the suspension bottomed out...

Now if your truck has functional air bags that allow you to pump it back up that *high five* !

Just to let ya know the kit on my truck still has the same towing capacity as if it was sitting stock height. Basically doing the flip kit and c-notch gives you the same towing capacity. I did not affect that at all. I could put it's said towing weight on the rear and snatch it right down the road with no bottoming issues at all. The truck rides and handles better than it did from the factory hands down. But again it just depends on What you like. I have always wanted a 2 wheel drive Diesel slammed and that is truly what I have now:beer::rolling:

I have done 2 of them and we all absolutely love'em :rockon:

I spent good money and did it the right way not the back yard hack drop:nonono:

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
Well then props :)

I still dont agree with the look but at least its more stable at high speeds ;)

laruei

Established Member
Oh, I used to frequest that thread but it was taking too much of my life.. lol Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread