ARP VS ARP 2000 Rod Bolts

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Hey guys,

I was curious to see what the difference is betweeen the "ARP 2000" rod bolts and just the regular "ARP" bolts. I'm rebuilding my motor with 03 Cobra Manley rods and they are just the ARP bolts. My engine builder says they are just fine but I'm still nervous. I told him that I would never go past 700rwhp so I wanted to build it to hold between 600-650rwhp. I really trust this guy but I guess since my car has already blown up once, I'm just nervous.

So what do you guys think? :beer:

Killspray

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
Personally, I can never pay too much for peace of mind. Sure, they're stronger and will give you a little bit more security. Are they essential? Porbably not. But if you've got the cash, it'll always cost less to do it on this end then to start over again if that all blows.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
The 8740 bolts are ok, and if you don't plan to rev above like 6800rpm, they will probably last without a problem.

but...

The arp2000 bolts are like $100. Isn't that worth the piece of mind?

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Quad always brings so much common sense to the thread's he posts on. I don't know shyte about no rod bolts, but listen to the experienced!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Well, ever since my motor blew up on the dyno, I have been a nervous wreck. I am so afraid of it happening again. So I really don't know when I'm just being safe or if I'm really going overboard. Thanks for the advice, I will order them ASAP. Any suggestions on where to purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread