Clicking noise under passenger dash area 1992 Fox

whljck

Established Member
Hello, I was wondering it anyone has heard a faint clicking in the passenger dash area of a Fox Mustang. It started soon after I got the car. Very faint but I can hear it. When I turn the heater control to defrost, it stops. I guess its heater/AC unit related. Any ideas?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Probably the fan. It'll get louder with time, and eventually seize. Replacing it is a pita though.

whljck

Established Member
Why would the noise go away when the vent is changed to defrost? And the fan spins when the fan is on, doesn't move when it is off, Right? Sound like a stuck servo noise, not a fan noise.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well, the door that shuts for internal re circulation is insulated so that could be masking the noise. As for an electric servo, there isn't one that I can think of. Everything back there is vacuum operated, so maybe you are only hearing the noise through the vent? If you want a good look at what's there, press the pins on the sides of the glove box and let it drop. You'll get a good look at what's mounted on the box.

The only relay that's back there that I can think of is attached to the top of the EEC bracket, although I'm not sure what it's for.

Users who are viewing this thread