Clutch pedal need help

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
well my clutch pedal feels all jacked up. It feels like it's disconnect until I almost push it to the floor. Very hard to get it in and out of gear won't even go in reverse. When I start it up in reverse ( only goes in gear when I shut it of ) the car rolls like if the clutch pedal is lifted out a hair or two even in 1st like it's not all the way to floor when it is though. Would appreciate any help thanks

slseals

Established Member
can you adjust your cable ?

well my clutch pedal feels all jacked up. It feels like it's disconnect until I almost push it to the floor. Very hard to get it in and out of gear won't even go in reverse. When I start it up in reverse ( only goes in gear when I shut it of ) the car rolls like if the clutch pedal is lifted out a hair or two even in 1st like it's not all the way to floor when it is though. Would appreciate any help thanks

This may be obvious but have You tried putting your foot under the pedal and pulling it up quickly? Before I replaced the stock clutch, I had to do this frequently when it would get hard to get into first gear.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have found that simply pulling up with your foot , US not enough to get the ratchet to adjust.
Sitting in the seat, and grabbing the pedal and pulling up with your hands works better .

It sounds that you will need to replace the clutch.

01yellercobra

Established Member
We need a little more info. Is it a stock or aftermarket clutch? Do you have the stock quadrant? If so then try what was recommended. If you have an aftermarket set up then you need to adjust the firewall adjuster. Hopefully you're not running an adjustable cable. But if neither of those work then I would look over the cable and make sure it's not coming apart. Mine started to come apart at the end up the transmission.

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
We need a little more info. Is it a stock or aftermarket clutch? Do you have the stock quadrant? If so then try what was recommended. If you have an aftermarket set up then you need to adjust the firewall adjuster. Hopefully you're not running an adjustable cable. But if neither of those work then I would look over the cable and make sure it's not coming apart. Mine started to come apart at the end up the transmission.
The guy said its a mcloud rst
And no it don't have a adjuster on the firewall

Users who are viewing this thread