Corvette runs from cops and gets caught!

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Was it a dummy cop then? If not, that's felony evading

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Was it a dummy cop then? If not, that's felony evading

So first, when this happens.. and I don't recommend you doing this... But if you are going to run ..

A) Don't run for long, there radio is much faster then your car. Dip out and once you loose the cops. park.
B) Remember they have to PROVE it was you. You do not have to answer any questions.
C) Get rid of you SD cards asap, they can be used against you.

SURE they might take you to jail and take your car. Once you lawyer up you will get i all back. It might cost you mega $$$, but you were the one who decided to street race and run.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
So first, when this happens.. and I don't recommend you doing this... But if you are going to run ..

A) Don't run for long, there radio is much faster then your car. Dip out and once you loose the cops. park.
B) Remember they have to PROVE it was you. You do not have to answer any questions.

SURE they might take you to jail and take your car. Once you lawyer up you will get i all back. It might cost you mega $$$, but you were the one who decided to street race and run.

I was asking if it was a dummy cop because at the end of the video they were laughing like if it was a joke.

speeddemon2000

Established Member

Just a couple of things to think about. First in most states it's a felony to elude, second if someone dies during the commission of a felony they can charge you with murder. There is a guy down in FL server 25+ years for running on a Busa. The cop died trying to catch him. He was charged with murder.

In regards to running from the cops I have some experience with this. I was racing a guy cop pulls up and I run, and get away. The cops got the tag of the guy I was racing and track him down. He tells the cops who he was racing. So a week later they show up at my house. They end up charging me. So I was faced with the decision in court to either fight reckless driving, speeding, racing and eluding charges and a potential felony conviction and jail time or plead to one misdemeanor charge of eluding. So either way you are paying, either a lawyer or the court or both. The problem is the lawyer may not get you off, then you have to pay up and spend some time in jail.

Once you have been charged you have lost no matter what you do.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Just a couple of things to think about. First in most states it's a felony to elude, second if someone dies during the commission of a felony they can charge you with murder. There is a guy down in FL server 25+ years for running on a Busa. The cop died trying to catch him. He was charged with murder.

In regards to running from the cops I have some experience with this. I was racing a guy cop pulls up and I run, and get away. The cops got the tag of the guy I was racing and track him down. He tells the cops who he was racing. So a week later they show up at my house. They end up charging me. So I was faced with the decision in court to either fight reckless driving, speeding, racing and eluding charges and a potential felony conviction and jail time or plead to one misdemeanor charge of eluding. So either way you are paying, either a lawyer or the court or both. The problem is the lawyer may not get you off, then you have to pay up and spend some time in jail.

Once you have been charged you have lost no matter what you do.

Snitches get stitches.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why'd he run in the first place? The cop was heading in the opposite direction as them when they were pulling off. I would've played it off smooth like "I don't know what you're talking about", if he had pulled me over at the beginning. Like was said, he has to prove you were racing.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Like was said, he has to prove you were racing.

im no expert but isnt a cops testimony "proof" enough when it comes to traffic matters? its then on you to fight it? i dont think he has to have video evidence or anything.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
im no expert but isnt a cops testimony "proof" enough when it comes to traffic matters? its then on you to fight it? i dont think he has to have video evidence or anything.

That was how I always viewed it. At least, that seems to be how it always works out in real life. The cop would have to make a really outlandish claim like the suspect was travelling 300 mph in a camaro for a judge to question the integrity of their statement.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I haven't street raced in..... Well let's just say years. Rule one to elude is to split up and go your separate way. These two guys stuck together....??????

Satyr

Established Member
This video hurts my head. So much stupidity, and I can't even tell if any of it was real.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Wait, is this the OP in this video? He's from the bay area in a Bay Area Racing video, and drives a Z06...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you know you're about to be arrested legally park the car and then lock it when you exit. that way it shouldnt be towed. *of course, if the cops are now pissed, they may tow it anyways.

o2gt

Established Member

I dont think your strategy is as well thought out as you might think. I can prove you are the driver without you telling me anything.

Users who are viewing this thread