• Welcome to SVT Performance, your home for all things SVT

Did Ford sell vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Jroc, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Jroc

Jroc New Member Established Member

I'm thinking this is a bunch of bogus BS, but I work with a guy who's one of these people that have all kinds of little facts and knowledge on many different topics, and he came up to me today and said that Ford sold vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII because Henry Ford was a staunch antisemitic.

Apparently Henry Ford was antisemitic, and he did get some award from Nazi German prior to WWII, but I can't find anything to back up that he sold vehicles to Germany during WWII.

Anyone on here know anything about this?

2. Instigator99

Instigator99 427 whaaaaat? Established Member

A quick Google search led me to this article, an interesting read for sure.

-Eric

3. Jroc

Good find. I had been reading about Henry ford on Wikipedia.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford]Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

4. Evan5469

Evan5469 New Member Established Member

I went to the Holocaust museum last year and remember reading the BMW used concentration camp workers to build their cars. Doesn't have anything to do with what you're asking but I just found that interesting.

I don't remember reading anything about Henry Ford while there.

5. Rubenk

Rubenk Wasn't me. Premium Member

6. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

Der Fuhrer just wanted a 03/04 Cobra motor to power his war machine, thats all.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  7. Fox-4

Fox-4 OFFICER BARBRADY Established Member

Henry Ford did more than sale cars to hitler, his plants built weapons and tanks for him

Sent from my jebus phone

8. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

too bad your jebus phone doesn't know the difference between SELL and SALE

9. T-Bolt

T-Bolt Official 'ring tow rig... Established Member

[youtube_browser]0iWC5iwfqZw[/youtube_browser]

10. Ironhand

Ironhand Banned

Ok so your saying that Germany bought stuff from Ford in the states. Then it magically made its way accross the Atlantic Ocean full of U boats, on a US flagged shipped and dropped them off at a German port...?

Sorry if Im alittle skeptical about all of that. The actual logistics behind those articles would indicate otherwise. Im a history and war person. But even if this was said to take place prior to America entering the war on December 8, 1941. America couldnt sell anything to an Axis power since the British were our Allies and at war with Germany. Ford couldnt sell an Axis power anything because most companies were under DoD contracts during the war. If I recall correctly alot of those contracts will say that they cant sell or help a Foreign power during a time of war without the treat of treason.

Edit: I read a few of the articles more in depth. It wasnt Henry Ford that sold and build stuff for the Germans. It was some of the companies that Ford owned in Europe before the war began. Their leadership, one of which was French, is whom sold the Germans anything. Not Ford himself.

This was in Nazi occupied Europe though and they probably had to do something for the Germans since the plant was covered/surrounded with Germans.

11. Fox-4

Fox-4 OFFICER BARBRADY Established Member

[​IMG]
    Damn you iPhone!!!!

Sent from my jebus phone

12. Jroc

No, no I'm asking. History was my best subject also, and I've never heard anything like this. I agree it would of been hard for the U.S to send stuff to germany after 1939, but according to Instigator99's link Ford was profiting from both sides during WWII, and that Ford in Europe was selling to Nazi Germany.

13. Mayo5

Mayo5 New Member Established Member

IBM built the statistical machine(Punch Card) that was used for picking jews, etc.

IBM and the holocaust is a great read if anyone is interested in WW2 history/Tech/Business development history.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/IBM-Holocaust-Strategic-Alliance-Corporation/dp/0375419330"]Amazon.com: IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation (9780375419331): Edwin Black: Books[/ame]

14. Ironhand

Ironhand Banned

Read the edit.

It wasnt Ford making the money. It was their plants in occupied counties operated by the French, etc, that was selling stuff.

However, the lack of evidence is almost convient.

15. Massie02GT

Massie02GT Member Established Member

Deleted before someone gets upset over my views.

16. assasyn

assasyn Active Member Established Member

You stole my story.
    [​IMG]

I was just about to post that. It was a great read. People would be amazed at which causes major companies help fund.

17. Rochard

Rochard New Member Established Member

Ford had entire automotive plants in Germany before and during the war. Henry Ford was a huge supporter of Germany and the Nazi party; This was never a secret really. I believe at one point he published some kind of "booklet" about Nazi Germany.

It's very easy to point blame at an American company for doing business with the Axis during WWII. But the truth is more like once the war started, American companies lost control of their foreign operations. Americans couldn't exactly travel to Germany and France during the war, and in most cases American companies (and all companies really) were taken over by the Nazis and run by them.

The Japanese did the same - used POWs to build airplanes. This included Suburu and Mitsubishi.

18. SB490

SB490 New Member Established Member

Some interesting reading in this thread. Never heard of any of this stuff.

19. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member

This is a much more likely scenario IMO.

20. Monster Mach

Monster Mach New Member Established Member

That was a great read.. I had to read it in a class in highschool.. holocaust.. haha
    Its all true too.. I live within 5 mins of the first I.b.m. and live in a house built for the company back in the early 20th century.
    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL