Drug test tell the difference between male/female urine?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sounds to me like someone is trying to scam a drug test. yes tests can tell the difference between male and female urine. It depends on how deep the company wants to pay for testing.

If they have reason to be suspicious .. I guarentee that they will test to be sure the urine at leasts matches the sex of the provider ... any company that doesn't is run by an idiot in todays world

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Samples substituted with urine from another source (e.g., a friend, spouse, commercially available urine, even an animal)
Result:
The specimen will not usually pass temperature tests (checked by the collector); those that do pass within the accepted range usually will not pass the specific gravity tests (checked by the lab).

Lab tests today can often indicate that the sample is not from the donor. In at least one case a man substituted his sample with that of his wife. When the specimen failed the temperature test, lab testing indicated "he" was pregnant.

Adulterated samples will throw pH levels off or exhibit substances not normally found in urine. In cases where a definite positive or negative result cannot be determined, donors may be required to resubmit a sample under "observed" supervision. New lab testing methods now easily determine the presence of nitrites, such as the masking agent found in Klear®. Once nitrites are detected, further testing removes the masking effect to discover which drugs are present. Laboratories are constantly updating testing methods as new adulterant products enter the market.

For Inquiring minds
http://www.drug-testing-solutions.net/

Detection Periods
Drug Approximate Detection Time in Urine:

Alcohol 1-2 days
Amphetamines (crystal, Ice, crank, methamphetamines) 5-7 days
Barbituates Short-Acting (ie. secobarbital) 1-2 days
Barbituates Long-Acting (ie. phenobarbital) 2-3 weeks
Benzodiazepines (Librium®,Valium®,Serax,Xanax®) 2-30 days
Cannabinoids (THC,Marijuana) 20-90 days
Clenbuterol 2-4 days
Cocaine (Crack) 3-5 days
Codeine 2-5 days
Euphorics (MDMA, Ecstasy) 3-7 days
LSD 1-4 days
Methadone 3-5 days
Methaqualone (Quaalude) l-14 days
Opiates (heroin, Vicode, morphine, codeine) 2-7 days
Phencyclidine (PCP, Angel Dust) 1-30 days
Phenobarbital 10-20 days
Propoxyphene (Darvon) 1-3 days
Psilocybin (mushrooms) 3-5
Steroids (anabolic) oral 14 days

The amount of time any drug can be detected in one's system can vary from person to person and test to test. It certainly can also depend on the amount of the drug taken and when it was taken relative to the time of the test. Keeping in mind that there is no 100% hard and fast rule for how long a drug will be in one's system, listed above are some general guidelines on the drug test detection time for various drugs.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Asking this over here too? If you need to cheat a drug test then maybe you shouldn't have that job. Wish I knew where this was cause I bet they wouldn't like someone like that working for them. I know i wouldn't.

roadracer247

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
If you need to cheat a drug test then maybe you shouldn't have that job. Wish I knew where this was cause I bet they wouldn't like someone like that working for them. I know i wouldn't.

Yea seriously. And I'm going to take a guess judging from the thread starters other posts and say he is planning on working at Les Schwab...isn't that some kind of tire place? Anyway, I'm making assumptions, maybe he just wants to learn for educational *cough* cheating *cough* purposes...

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
Easy solution? Tell those inquiring minds to lay off the dope before they apply for a job.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i still say what a person does on their own time is no business of their employer as long as it does not impair their ability to do the their job. flame away.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Yes, "over here" too, Sapperstang. That's what I use the internet for...finding out information. Imagine that.

As far as trying to cheat the system, well, yes and no. I'm in a great job that pays well right now, and doesn't require drug screening. The problem with this job is it's not something I really see myself doing down the road, and doesn't offer quite as much career advancement as I'd like.

I just got called in for an interview kind've by surprise with someone else. I haven't smoked in about two weeks, and was just worried about what I would do if I had a urinalysis right around the corner. The job I'm interviewing for is something I'd love doing, offers great benefits/pay. Random drug-screening won't bother me at all, since I won't be able to smoke and keep the job, so I won't smoke. Not hard since my marijuana use is about the same as a normal person's beer consumption. A couple hits on Saturday and maybe Sunday while watching football. If that.

And is also a habit I've quit before with no problems - like 6 years in the 82nd Airborne.

So I don't think I'm quite as evil as some of you've made me out to be. But how gallant, some of you wanting to rush to my future employer's aid, like I'm some meth junkie trying to scam a job.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
ezernut9mm said:
i still say what a person does on their own time is no business of their employer as long as it does not impair their ability to do the their job. flame away.
+1

ezernut9mm said:

I have to respectfully disagree. I am a workers' compensation claims manager and you would not believe what I see caused by illegal drug use and reporting to work, especially on a construction site. Marijuana is not the problem, it's the meth and cocaine addicts who are making the employers have to preform drug tests. Plus it saves them a lot of money on insurance as well.

Not flaming, just my $.02 :-D

Dusten

Established Member
Duende said:
I haven't smoked in about two weeks, and was just worried about what I would do if I had a urinalysis right around the corner.

What we do in the recruiting world is typically wait about 30-45 days to processing someone(well, the honest recruiting world) since the last time they smoked.

Users who are viewing this thread