Dyno Results: GT350 manifold vs SCJ!

Zemedici

Established Member
Excellent. Been staying to explain this to customers for months now. Just haven't had a chance to provide concrete evidence. Thanks Sean! :rockon:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for posting this info up! Were either of the manifolds ported? Also would the gt350 pick up any power with a larger intake?

Also, how much power is the vmp tb good for over the Ford racing set up?

Shaun@AED

Thanks for posting this info up! Were either of the manifolds ported? Also would the gt350 pick up any power with a larger intake?

Also, how much power is the vmp tb good for over the Ford racing set up?

I ported both the GT350 and the SCJ.
I've never tested the VMP TB vs the FRPP units on motor, but based on the data I have I do not believe even the Twin65 is a restriction on these all-motor setups.

Hell yes!! Awesome! I wonder what the SCJ would do a 5.2L engine :D
VMP did some testing on this a few months back. I believe he saw 25RWHP at 6500 with the SCJ over the GT350. I'm not 100% sure if cam timing was optimized for the SCJ during that test or not.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
You going to test the sjc vs the sniper? I hate the scj fitment. I dont want to lower my motor. My specific motor mounts are better for what i want to do over upr's. I also refuse to hack up my hood or swap hoods.

Shaun@AED

You going to test the sjc vs the sniper? I hate the scj fitment. I dont want to lower my motor. My specific motor mounts are better for what i want to do over upr's. I also refuse to hack up my hood or swap hoods.

Nope

I've seen many of the aluminum aftermarket intakes and they do not look like are in the same league as the SCJ. They are more comparable to a Boss, but being aluminum is not a benefit for a street/strip car IMO.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Scj dont like 30lbs of boost for extended periods either. Not left with mamy choices. Ive seen some put down comparable to the scj. Thought it could be a winner without the fitment woes.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Scj dont like 30lbs of boost for extended periods either. Not left with mamy choices. Ive seen some put down comparable to the scj. Thought it could be a winner without the fitment woes.

I've done back to back test on the SCJ at 22psi vs the Boss and the Boss makes more power by a large chunk.
Damn near impossible to seal an oval TB with silicone and a clamp with that much pressure inside it.

gt500_sti_guy

Established Member
Wonder how jpc ans mmr has done it. Ive seen quite a few cracked boss manifolds too. I appreciate your testing. Wont keep taking up room in the thread.

Dave_6

Established Member
Seeing that the twin 67 is close to the same price as the mono blade, which one would you prefer on a car (manual trans) that is daily driven?

Shaun@AED

Seeing that the twin 67 is close to the same price as the mono blade, which one would you prefer on a car (manual trans) that is daily driven?

The Monoblade will flow more air, that's a given, but Acufab swears it's not for a coyote and we do see issues with the Mono closing too slowly on decel in ~20% of the TB's out there. I advise either getting the mono from a vendor that has an excellent return/exchange policy, or the next best TB as far as airflow is concerned would be the VMP.
Drivability most say the VMP is better.

Shaun@AED

Shaun, thanks. My car is daily driven. Do you recommend the 350 IM? Also what other parts are needed to install the IM?

The GT350 exchanges midrange power for power at higher RPM, that's all it does. Drivability depends on the quality of the tune. It is NOT the best for maximum power as this SCJ vs GT350 test has confirmed.

If you are interested I have the entire GT350 setup off my car for sale, ready to bolt in.

Users who are viewing this thread