IMRC deletes?

LilBerx

Established Member
Who here has deleted their IMRC's, and how do you like it?

I hve a 97, mainly stock with 410's, a offroad midpipe, and aluminum driveline...

Any links to the best plates to use?

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Good luck so far. The best ones are the composite ones. The best part is never worring about broken cables or gummed up butterflies. If you have all the mods done I think they help with air flow too. They never should have been there to begin with. IMO

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Good luck so far. The best ones are the composite ones. The best part is never worring about broken cables or gummed up butterflies. If you have all the mods done I think they help with air flow too. They never should have been there to begin with. IMO

This this this.

I have deletes. I replaced the module 2ce before I deleted them and wish I did it from the get go. I love them deleted and didn't notice any negatives either

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I have deletes and no CEL somehow. Everything is deleted and has been for over a year.

brucesvt

Established Member

This

when i did mine last year it did make a difference at least in my mind, cant wait to install the SRI to really tell a difference.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Deleted mine and had the tune revised for fuel and spark, my tuner had already dialed it all in from previous cars.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
They only add about 3rwhp so you will feel very little to nothing. Also, it won't need a tune but you should get one. With deletes you need to add timing below 3500rpm to get the power back. The tune above 3500 will need to be hcanged very little.

Make you own deletes as paying over $200 for them is jst plain stupid. You can make them in an afternoon for less than $15.00.

tt54l32v

Established Member
How much of a power difference did you notice?

Prob about a hundred
Considering they were very intermittent and didnt work half the time. I also felt a pretty big difference from when they actually worked and after deleting them. Due to them being so gummed up.
Take them off and delete them, clean all the ports on the head with berrymans b12 chem tool by rolling the motor over and closing each valve and letting it sit in there for a while. Get some 4.30s, a tune and ditch unnecessary weight.
I made 290/290 through a mustang dyno, with pulleys, long tubes o/r x and three chamber flows,light clean up on the lid, imrc deletes, and cleaning everything.
Long tubes, 4.30s, compensating tune, clean heads and I bet I have more tq down low than stock.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
They only add about 3rwhp so you will feel very little to nothing. Also, it won't need a tune but you should get one. With deletes you need to add timing below 3500rpm to get the power back. The tune above 3500 will need to be hcanged very little.

Make you own deletes as paying over $200 for them is jst plain stupid. You can make them in an afternoon for less than $15.00.

what do you recommend to make them with.

Users who are viewing this thread