JMS Nitrous Kit???

try03venom

Established Member
My buddy is one of the big guys at Wilson / Nitrous Pro Flow. He recommends a plate kit for every car EXCEPT a new 5.0. Apparently according to him the front two cylinders get bi-passed with a plate and it is maybe not as safe. I run a nozzle and am very happy with it. First time at the track with this setup with only 4 runs of dial in time and heavy ass aftermarket front wheels I went 11.14 @ 126mph with only a 1.7 60ft.

wheres the nozzle located on your setup?

try03venom

Established Member
I have it, actually kit #1 was made for me. Why? Because in 97 I saw a wet kit blow the intake apart on a 96 Cobra, my 97 got a dry kit and I've used dry ever since. No one had a Dry kit, I wanted N2O and just happened to be there when a dyno canceled. Although my original kit was "button activated" and didn't have the cool controller, It's there now(Controller 2.0 I'm the test piggy :)). The kit has worked flawlessly for Almost 2 years(2/11-...)the controller for a year(11/11-...). No issues ever, that's just as long as they've been on(which is longer than they've been out :))

The "softer hit" is in reference to the engine itself, not "the hit". When you hear the solenoid click it will seem instant to you(850+ psi moves 12 feet fast).

The kit doesn't use a plate correct, but it uses the injectors(the tune and O2 sensors) to add the fuel so you don't need the plate(or a nozzle) to "mix" fuel and n2o. I run the .052 jet, it also comes with a .063 jet which has been tested on my car also, (EDIT: On my set-up w/-6 degrees from stock)same tune can swap between the 2 jets(thanks, I'm sure, in part to the wideband O2 sensors). But I'm happy with the .052. :)

2011 Base auto Gt.
Circle D 3c converter(3600-3800 stall)
JMS Dry N2O kit(.052-100 jet) and tune
265/40/18 Mickey Thompson ET street II's on stock type American Muscle 18x10's(was in MMFF, April 2012)
Best 1/4- 10.98@127 w/ 1.57 60' and 7.09@101(crappy track)
Settings were: Window= 3500-6900rpm, progressive=-70%, ramp up=1.25 seconds to 100%

Best time 1/8- 6.81@100 w/ 1.466 60'
same as above mods,
settings were:Window=3500-6900rpm, Progressive=-30%, ramp up=.5 seconds to 100%

I've mostly run 1/8th mile(local street car races) but these are expanding to a couple 1/4 mile tracks.

If anyone has any specific questions on this kit I will try to answer them.

Charlie what plugs are you running with the JMS dry shot?

CharlieR

Established Member
Hummm. Mine were all .050. Got them through Summit, April of '11. They had 9 in stock I got all of them and all 9 were the same. I'll order new plugs for a .038 gap.

11dsgGT

Established Member
This kit with the progressive controller looks so bad ass!

With the solenoid at the bottle providing somewhat of a safety precaution and the progressive controller controlling the "hit" I dont see how it compares to any other kit on the market.

CharlieR

Established Member
I have a set from my eforce combo I gapped to ..032 just be gentle lol
I thought I was being gentle. Let's see...Put .035 feeler gauge in, used 12 pound sludge hammer to get it "gapped" and the center came out with the feeler gauge. :shrug:

Fixed that for you Charlie
Thanks for the "fix", I think... :beer:

This kit with the progressive controller looks so bad ass!

With the solenoid at the bottle providing somewhat of a safety precaution and the progressive controller controlling the "hit" I dont see how it compares to any other kit on the market.
Dam, it's supposed to be hidden. :??:

Users who are viewing this thread