line lock install

SVT Knight

Established Member
This week I'm ordering new rotors and been thinking bout getting the Hurst Roll Control kit. Just wondering how invasive is the install? The hard lines don't intimadate me as much as the wiring aspect. Any input would be appreciated it. And I'm trying to clean up the engine bay with a egr delete and custum airbrushing. Pics coming soon

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Wiring a line lock is simple. The LL will have a ground wire, and a power wire. All you need is a switch to arm the system, and a momentary switch to activate it. Th simplest way would be a fuse tap for power under your dash running to a fuse, then to a toggle switch, then to a momentary switch, then to the LL solonoid.

Or you can do something trick like make your horn be your momentary switch like I did. When my LL switch is off my horn button functions like normal and honks the horn if pressed. When I arm my LL my horn button becomes my LL control and activates my LL when pressed without honking the horn.

There are a couple ways to wire this, one is to use a 3 pole switch that flips power to two different things. Cut the horn wire going to your horns from the horn relay, run it from the relay in to the three way switch, then run one outlet from the switch back to the horns, and the other switch outlet to the LL solonoid. When the switch is in the off position your horn button will do nothing, when in the horn position it will work the horn, and when in the LL position it will run the LL.

I did mine with a 5 pin relay like pictured below:

untitled.jpg

Either way works but the three way switch is the simplest installation.

Users who are viewing this thread