Operation: Pur vnm build thread!!!

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
total days wrenching...6 1/2 days...two cars gutted and now just waiting on parts to start putting it back together...oh found out my radiator is Mushimoto, which is a added plus

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
First thing's first, FINALLY! :beer:

Good to finally see your car getting the swap done dude, I remember all those times people talked shit about your car having Cobra panels lol where they at now? :crickets:

Just a friendly tip, the easiest way to get the bushings on the cradle where it mounts to the body off is to drill the SHIT out of those things like make one hole next to another then take slide a bolt you're not gonna use into the sleeve and give it a tap with a hammer then use a screwdriver to fold the outer wall of the bushing and it'll rip right out.

I've done a FTBR IRS bushing install and I learned my way around it so if you run into any difficulties my PM box is empty brotha :beer:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Haha I remember the pages and pages of back and forth about your car. Cool to see you finally realizing your goals.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
First thing's first, FINALLY! :beer:

Good to finally see your car getting the swap done dude, I remember all those times people talked shit about your car having Cobra panels lol where they at now? :crickets:

Just a friendly tip, the easiest way to get the bushings on the cradle where it mounts to the body off is to drill the SHIT out of those things like make one hole next to another then take slide a bolt you're not gonna use into the sleeve and give it a tap with a hammer then use a screwdriver to fold the outer wall of the bushing and it'll rip right out.

I've done a FTBR IRS bushing install and I learned my way around it so if you run into any difficulties my PM box is empty brotha :beer:

sweet i will try that tomorrow

steves04cobra

Established Member
Maybe im tired and don't see it right. But did you really strip a cobra in good condition just to swap it into a v6? Or was the cobra totaled?

GoGreen04

Established Member
Going to be a sick build, I too remember when you were getting shit for your car, glad to see you tackling this! Going to be a great feeling when it's all done! Keep it up man!

not a fan of stripes but your car rocks it good!

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Funny, how there used to be 10+ pages of haters. Now maybe a handful come in here to show props.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
thanks all!!! doing 90% of the work has been tough, starting to slow down a bit...got the brake lines transfered over and connected to the master cylinder. all of the wiring is in the car. got most of the bushings out of the IRS. thursday after i pick up the valve covers from paint, the motor will be going back into my car.

gotta fabricate the IRS to subframe braket (ford no longer makes this part FYI) that was not included with the car. should be done with the interior by saturday.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Funny, how there used to be 10+ pages of haters. Now maybe a handful come in here to show props.

no shit right. I remember it, and still dont remember what the hate came from, other than I think cause he had a v6 with a silver stripe.

Im so glad to hear hes proving the haters wrong. If I were heading down there anytime in the next week or so id easily stop by to see progress.

BTW I thought the easiest way to get rid of the old bushings was a blow torch......never said it was the most odor free......

Last edited:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
no shit right. I remember it, and still dont remember what the hate came from, other than I think cause he had a v6 with a silver stripe.

Im so glad to hear hes proving the haters wrong. If I were heading down there anytime in the next week or so id easily stop by to see progress.

BTW I thought the easiest way to get rid of the old bushings was a blow torch......never said it was the most odor free......

i got um out with heat and will power lol, thanks for the props....its been fun

jrandy

Established Member
congrats on finally getting the powertrain underway. i bet it feels long overdue.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
photo from when we pulled the motor
692e9bb9.jpg

today i got the dash and as much interior as possible...im losing a day running around tomorrow so i hope to get the interior in by sat.
ebf5ea6c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread