ordered 2012 mustang gt which tuner.......

cmycobrafly

Established Member
hello,
I just ordered a 2012 mustang koni blue with 6 speed and 3.73 gears and brembo brakes. Which tuner is the safest and makes most power with tune alone. What is max rpms for new engine with out damage I know the redline is 6900 but what r you guys running them to without issues. Also what are the common problems with these cars.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
hello,
I just ordered a 2012 mustang koni blue with 6 speed and 3.73 gears and brembo brakes. Which tuner is the safest and makes most power with tune alone. What is max rpms for new engine with out damage I know the redline is 6900 but what r you guys running them to without issues. Also what are the common problems with these cars.

Where did you order from here in Iowa?

I just signed the papers for the same color and options at Dewey in Ankeny yesterday... they found one for me in Illinois, they're bringing it in on Monday. :D

scotmach

Established Member
hello,

You've got to be kidding?:dw: A little research goes a long way............

cmycobrafly

Established Member
listen i am not trying to be a ass i don't have 1 hr here 1 hr there to be sitting on this damn computer i am to busy with work. Just make it simple and please answer question if you know something

cmycobrafly

Established Member
Where did you order from here in Iowa?

I just signed the papers for the same color and options at Dewey in Ankeny yesterday... they found one for me in Illinois, they're bringing it in on Monday. :D

monticello, freese motors i wanted it with spoiler alot of people are ordering spoiler deletes with same package what did you pay for urs

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The one they found for me had the spoiler delete too... I got them to throw in the pedestal mount spoiler for me to seal the deal. :)

zilla8

Established Member
I would go with the SCT SF3 tuner.It just plain works and you can get your tune from any number of great vendors like Steeda Bama,BBR,Amazon etc.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
If you want to keep the warranty fully intact, get the Ford Racing Tuner/Tune/ Filter and GT 500 Axlebacks if you like them, and have it installed at delivery....

2fast4u2

SVT Goddess
Established Member
hello,

Congrats on your new mustang! :beer:

You've got to be kidding?:dw: A little research goes a long way............

In the time it took you to type this you could've helped him with his question.

If you want to keep the warranty fully intact, get the Ford Racing Tuner/Tune/ Filter and GT 500 Axlebacks if you like them, and have it installed at delivery....

YES!!

cmycobrafly

Established Member
ok i might have made a mistake i am asking who to go with i know it will already be sct tunner lol also being these cars r wideband from factory i should be able to just log when i get tune and send him log and made corrections if need be or do i need to get a dyno sheet big pain where i live in middle of no where and i woulnd't trust shop for like 450 miles lol what r you guys doing for logging and sending or r you guys taking cars to tunners!

DIB5.0

Established Member
Look into Amazon Tuning as they are really great about you data logging your tune and sending it to them for corrections. Very experienced tuner with safe tunes and just great drivability.

was here

Steeda Rep
Established Member
We can do your tune also. If you ever have any questions feel free to call in. Ill help in any way i can. I also will pass you a discount for being a member.

Thanks

Omcar

Established Member
Check out Jon Lund tune, Evolution, BBR, VMP. Those are my choices..be careful when making your selection. There are problems out here.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Isn't American Muscle/Bama offering some kind of warranty with their tunes now? I love my Bama tunes. Any of the vendors on this site are very reputable and can set you up with a great tune. Some of the 2011-2012 (mostly 2011) cars are having issues with the manual transmission. It's a really hit or miss problem though, mine is flawless along with many others. Some have had issues with the #8 cylinder due to tuning and fuel octane issues. I haven't seen many of them for a while though. Good luck and have fun!

cmycobrafly

Established Member
Isn't American Muscle/Bama offering some kind of warranty with their tunes now? I love my Bama tunes. Any of the vendors on this site are very reputable and can set you up with a great tune. Some of the 2011-2012 (mostly 2011) cars are having issues with the manual transmission. It's a really hit or miss problem though, mine is flawless along with many others. Some have had issues with the #8 cylinder due to tuning and fuel octane issues. I haven't seen many of them for a while though. Good luck and have fun!

whats ur best et with urs and what octane tune do you have, also can bama make it sense the octane like stock not that i would through anything below 91 in it but if you had to and had to go wot for some god for given reason i can only get 91 octane where i live sometimes 93 but mostly 91

Users who are viewing this thread