Repair order for exhaust and window tint

StannggerrEd

Established Member
So I have a couple of question guys.

First off does a repair order go on my license or can it be found on a background check. I'm located in md and my company doesn't like any tickets on my record or violations.

Next I received 2 repair orders. One for exhaust another for window tint which is barely illegal 35% tint plus whatever is on the car making it 30 or around there cop never checked. I bought the car with the tint and off-road exhaust with no cats. Guy Before me put "fake cats" in which made it pass the inspection. By clamping the shield on the exhaust and wedding it on.

So what would you guys suggest me to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbj5259

Established Member
I'm not familiar with a "repair order". Probably different lingo for a different state. I'm guessing it's similar to an equipment warning. Generally, you have a set amount of time to make the repair or the warning turns into a citation. That being said...I'm not 100% sure based on what you are reporting that it is the same thing. Did this occur in MD? If so, it may help to direct the question to an officer who has specific knowledge of that particular states motor vehicle laws.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

StannggerrEd

Established Member
This did occur in md. Yeah they only give me 10 days to fix it which personally o think is bs because I work pretty much every day for 12 hrs.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
This did occur in md. Yeah they only give me 10 days to fix it which personally o think is bs because I work pretty much every day for 12 hrs.

if you're truly that busy, call it in and ask for an extension. explain the situation. if they wont bite then go to court proving you worked XX amount of days in a row and havent seen a paycheck because of funky pay dates or something like that. just be prepared and be polite. perhaps dont drive the car until its fixed.

Black2010

Established Member
Curious on the outcome of this as I'm trying to wrap my head around how you got a repair order for window tint that wasn't metered. At least where I live they have to meter you car to get the exact % before a citation can be issued.

Also curious what test were done to tell the cats weren't real. Was it visual or did you admit to what occurred?

I could be way wrong here as my memory is sketchy as it's been nearly 20 years since I got something like a repair order (mine was for a front license plate). Where I live, it doesn't go on your record unless you don't make the proper repairs by the allotted amount of time. It's basically a timed warning that means you have _____ number of days to prove these items are corrected otherwise it becomes a citation.

Machdup1

Established Member
So I have a couple of question guys.

First off does a repair order go on my license or can it be found on a background check. I'm located in md and my company doesn't like any tickets on my record or violations.

Next I received 2 repair orders. One for exhaust another for window tint which is barely illegal 35% tint plus whatever is on the car making it 30 or around there cop never checked. I bought the car with the tint and off-road exhaust with no cats. Guy Before me put "fake cats" in which made it pass the inspection. By clamping the shield on the exhaust and wedding it on.

So what would you guys suggest me to do?

I suggest you fix the items that illegal on your car in your state and provide proof of the repair to the MD State Police or lose your vehicle registration. Ignoring the situation and delaying will just make it worse. Tint can be easily removed using a $30.00 fabric steamer in less than an hour and the cats are a credit card away from being done.

From the Md State Police Website:

What happens if I don’t return the signed copy of my SERO within 30 days?

If the Maryland State Police ASED does not receive the signed Copy 5 of your SERO within 30 days after the date that the SERO was issued, you will receive a notice that your vehicle registration will be suspended.

The suspension will take place five (5) days after the notice of suspension is mailed. When your vehicle registration is suspended you cannot:

Legally drive the vehicle; or
Renew the vehicle's license plates.
If your vehicle's registration is suspended, you must immediately return the license plates to an MVA branch office. If you do not return the license plates within 10 days after the date on which the suspension notice was mailed, a tag pick up order will be issued. The license plates then will be subject to immediate confiscation by a police officer.

StannggerrEd

Established Member
Curious on the outcome of this as I'm trying to wrap my head around how you got a repair order for window tint that wasn't metered. At least where I live they have to meter you car to get the exact % before a citation can be issued.

Also curious what test were done to tell the cats weren't real. Was it visual or did you admit to what occurred?

I could be way wrong here as my memory is sketchy as it's been nearly 20 years since I got something like a repair order (mine was for a front license plate). Where I live, it doesn't go on your record unless you don't make the proper repairs by the allotted amount of time. It's basically a timed warning that means you have _____ number of days to prove these items are corrected otherwise it becomes a citation.

That is what I'm thinking. Since it was in oceancity and I live 2 hours away they figure I won't try and contest it rather just pay the fine.....

He told me he knows the exhaust is modified. I denied it but the ticket was wrote regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread