The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hammered for $27,000

I agree. It was linked in the other thread below. I think a perfect one is now $27K. I remember paying ~$25K (3000 miles) for mine around 16+ years ago. Of course, I've had many fun years of driving it.

I noticed this newer racing Mustang getting it done at the recent Road America Vintage Grand Prix (the Brian Redman Challenge). It was looking good:

2010boss.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Also 4 at mecum, two 00, and what looks like a set of the 3. Estimates seem reasonable on the 95 and 00, seems strong on the 93.

Thanks, I also believe that it is a collection of three by someone (all low miles). It will be interesting to see the selling prices.

I am looking at the newly arrived 2017 Sports Car Market price guide. They've changed somewhat how the value is determined. It is a median value. Here:

1993 Cobra R $33,000
1995 Cobra R $29,400
2000 Cobra R $34,100

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
^^^^
Id buy a 93R TODAY if I could find a good one for a number that starts with a 3.
95 seems about right
00 Seems low, they have been selling for a while in the 40's, maybe low 50's

MorganWorth

Thanks, I also believe that it is a collection of three by someone (all low miles). It will be interesting to see the selling prices.

I am looking at the newly arrived 2017 Sports Car Market price guide. They've changed somewhat how the value is determined. It is a median value. Here:

1993 Cobra R $33,000
1995 Cobra R $29,400
2000 Cobra R $34,100

Those are all my car's, funny thing is, I'm covering the auction for Sports Car Market and doing the write up in the magazine,..I agree, without bias, those "median prices" are not accurate. IMO - 93's should be 50-85 (Yes, a big window but you must take into consideration "wrapper cars." The 95's should be 27-40 and the 2000 should be 40-60k, all depending on miles and condition. I follow this market very close and believe the problem buyers are running into are actually FINDING them! In the end, these are simply guides, SCM is very accurate on some things, however i find that Hagerty, while once a bit overvalued, seems to be more in-line with current trends.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I agree with your market assessment, especially the entry prices. Easy for people to down play values. The top is anyone's guess, yes the wrappers, especially the 93's make a mess. I think the major issue with the R's value is that they are too rare. So few know what they are.
Btw, complete thread side track, as a GT owner really appreciate the "banana"you have for sale, that's a rare one.

MorganWorth

I agree with your market assessment, especially the entry prices. Easy for people to down play values. The top is anyone's guess, yes the wrappers, especially the 93's make a mess. I think the major issue with the R's value is that they are too rare. So few know what they are.
Btw, complete thread side track, as a GT owner really appreciate the "banana"you have for sale, that's a rare one.

Well said, I might even quote the "Too Rare" part of your statement. As for the "Banana", the GT's seemed to have slipped a bit in value but should hopefully regain traction (see what I did there..) We will see as there are a few headed to Mecum, one being a lower mile Black stripe delete. The yellow car is really one of one when you think of it..Thanks for noticing.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are all my car's, funny thing is, I'm covering the auction for Sports Car Market and doing the write up in the magazine,..I agree, without bias, those "median prices" are not accurate. IMO - 93's should be 50-85 (Yes, a big window but you must take into consideration "wrapper cars." The 95's should be 27-40 and the 2000 should be 40-60k, all depending on miles and condition. I follow this market very close and believe the problem buyers are running into are actually FINDING them!.

You have a very certain conflict of interest here which I will pass on to Keith. Is he aware that you have three cars at auction while you are assigned to write about them?

93R= $50K-$85K. What?
95R= $27K-$40K. Say What?
00R= $40K-$60K. You can wish it true.

MorganWorth

You have a very certain conflict of interest here which I will pass on to Keith. Is he aware that you have three cars at auction while you are assigned to write about them?

93R= $50K-$85K. What?
95R= $27K-$40K. Say What?
00R= $40K-$60K. You can wish it true.

How am I doing anything wrong? As one who buys and sells many of these cars my head is not in the sand on the market. As for your statement "conflict of interest" my assignment for SCM is to write about 50 cars of interest at the auction. Can you find me any of the above mentioned cars for the median values? If so, I'm ready to buy!

nmp1

Established Member
Everyone seems to be on the same page as far as the value of these cars. But what’s the consensus as far as the value added by have extensive paperwork/documentation and all OEM parts?

Users who are viewing this thread